Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

v2.15 Released [all branches]

I just have to ask, when is multiplayer going to be fixed again? The main problem is that I cant see a friends design when they spawn it in, and they cant see mine, although when I go and spawn a faction design, it works perfectly. Less multiplayer means less destruction and testing, and since then I havent been able to get as much help as I would like on my XJ planes...Some of my friends are getting angry that it never gets fixed and I just hope you guys are able to deliver.
Professional Idiot

Proud creator of the USS California line and XJ series of air vehicles! Check them out on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561...shopfiles/

Bazinga

(2018-02-05, 04:35 PM)Gladyon Wrote: Then you can use a motorized barrel, it has a higher muzzle velocity (about 120-140m/s if I remember well) so it is more suited anyway.

Before the change the bomb chute had only 20m/s muzzle velocity, so if you were dive bombing, you had a lot of chances to hit your own bomb.

As to the reason I changed it, it's because when you have a bomber flying horizontally at about 90-100m/s (quite standard, even a bit slow) and bomb chutes facing downward (the standard setup for bombs), then the bombs were fired nearly at the horizontal.
So, the bomber was hit about 100% of the time by its own bombs.
And if the bomber was designed to work like that (no block ahead of the bomb chutes), then the shells hit the target at a very odd angle, hitting their side at about 45 degrees, more like a shell than a bomb.

Now, the bombs begin their trajectory at about 45 degrees and will hit the target deck more often that its sides.

Thank you for your good answer and constructive suggestion. Although it is a bit regrettable to lose the best accuracy of the bomb chute, it is good to hear that the way to shoot bomb at vehicle speed is still available. Thank you very much.

(2018-02-06, 03:32 AM)MizarLuke Wrote: Without the pendepth thing, the explosion would be more likely to literally disconnect the HA section from the metal hull than to destroy it itself.
I di that to the Thyr a dew times, it has a large AI box on the rear, and it can be disconnected from the ship if you pour enough explosive bombs on it.

(2018-02-06, 03:32 AM)MizarLuke Wrote: I use a total of 7 LWCs on my bomber. 4 of them control 2 bombs each, standard pendepth and inertial. 2 LWC control one bomb each, a slightly more hardening focused penetrator meant to get to AI and ammo sections to disable the enemy that way. The last LWC controls a larger, HE only CRAM with a -5 altitude fuse and inertial.

Unfortunately, they all like to target the same spot, which is disappointing. I may try adding another AI, this one with no aim point and set to control 2 of the double LWCs and the pure HE CRAM to spread the shots to disable important but vulnerable bits like LAMS, missile detectors, and smaller guns.
I also use 3 mainframes for my bombs, it's probably what helps a bit.

I will probably add a configurable inaccuracy penalty to the bomb chute in order to be able to configure a bit the dispersion of the bombs.

(2018-02-06, 04:01 AM)Prosparkour Wrote: I just have to ask, when is multiplayer going to be fixed again? The main problem is that I cant see a friends design when they spawn it in, and they cant see mine, although when I go and spawn a faction design, it works perfectly. Less multiplayer means less destruction and testing, and since then I havent been able to get as much help as I would like on my XJ planes...Some of my friends are getting angry that it never gets fixed and I just hope you guys are able to deliver.

I can spawn vehicles in multiplayer, and both players do see it. It's hard to fix a problem I cannot replicate.

Maybe there's a problem with the blueprint you're trying to load, have you tried other blueprints? More simple ones? To load faction vehicles in your team?

(2018-02-06, 10:39 AM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 03:32 AM)MizarLuke Wrote: Without the pendepth thing, the explosion would be more likely to literally disconnect the HA section from the metal hull than to destroy it itself.
I di that to the Thyr a dew times, it has a large AI box on the rear, and it can be disconnected from the ship if you pour enough explosive bombs on it.

(2018-02-06, 03:32 AM)MizarLuke Wrote: I use a total of 7 LWCs on my bomber. 4 of them control 2 bombs each, standard pendepth and inertial. 2 LWC control one bomb each, a slightly more hardening focused penetrator meant to get to AI and ammo sections to disable the enemy that way. The last LWC controls a larger, HE only CRAM with a -5 altitude fuse and inertial.

Unfortunately, they all like to target the same spot, which is disappointing. I may try adding another AI, this one with no aim point and set to control 2 of the double LWCs and the pure HE CRAM to spread the shots to disable important but vulnerable bits like LAMS, missile detectors, and smaller guns.

I will probably add a configurable inaccuracy penalty to the bomb chute in order to be able to configure a bit the dispersion of the bombs.

Please make it configurable along longitudinal and latitudinal axis and with even coverage if possible
Or maybe allow target coverage mode for weapons slot so weapons controllers try to cover target or part of thereof with fire of weapons in given slot

(2018-02-06, 10:39 AM)Gladyon Wrote:

I've smoothed out all the issues, the only thing left would be to get it a smaller turning radius so it can actually make use of the 22 second reload time. Current runs come every 40-50 seconds.

There are a few issues inherent in the game though:
1. I use 2 AI mainframes, one for the pendepth bombs with aim point, one without it for the higher HE bombs. Each attack run, 5 bombs (HE) hit one spot, 6 bombs (pendepth) hit another spot. I would prefer them all to be spread, since one pendpepth bomb can make it through the Bulwark's deck far enough to take out 1/2 the laser system or 1/4 engines. When they all hit the same spot, especially pendepth, they make it all the way through things like the Thyr or Bulwark and punch a hole in the bottom. I was able to kill both after about 10 runs with <80% and sinking
2. The jiggling of enemy ships often causes the 100% accurate bombs to miss, typically to the side of even the Bulwark or Jormungand.
3. Ammo decoys, especially in the Bulwark cause the bombs to target the sides of ships, where there are empty compartments and nothing worth hitting. It exacerbates the problem of 2.
4. Large explosions, particularly of ammo or HE APS, are able to propel even ships like the Thyr multiple times their length, causing another bomber who dropped bombs just 5 seconds later to miss.
5. LAMS are a bit too strong against them, I think. The Thyr was able to take out all but 1 of 11 bombs. (One salvo aimed directly at the superstructure solved that problem, though) The Bulwark could only take out one or two, so maybe LAMS are alright, idk.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-02-06, 10:42 AM)Gladyon Wrote: I can spawn vehicles in multiplayer, and both players do see it. It's hard to fix a problem I cannot replicate.

Maybe there's a problem with the blueprint you're trying to load, have you tried other blueprints? More simple ones? To load faction vehicles in your team?

What would be really nice, would be multiplayer enabled in adventure mode. Big Grin
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

(2018-02-06, 10:42 AM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 04:01 AM)Prosparkour Wrote: I just have to ask, when is multiplayer going to be fixed again? The main problem is that I cant see a friends design when they spawn it in, and they cant see mine, although when I go and spawn a faction design, it works perfectly. Less multiplayer means less destruction and testing, and since then I havent been able to get as much help as I would like on my XJ planes...Some of my friends are getting angry that it never gets fixed and I just hope you guys are able to deliver.

I can spawn vehicles in multiplayer, and both players do see it. It's hard to fix a problem I cannot replicate.

Are you guys all running the same operating system?
I had the exact same issue a while ago because all my friends were on Windows and I was using Linux. It did get fixed though, it's a shame it had to come back.
Gehm's corollary: Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

There has been a patch to the v2.15 version (both devtest and stable):

Game-related:
[fixed] Painting fixed for APS mantlet, pistons and display block
[fixed] various crashes
[fixed] angular velocity now correctly calculated for munition warners on stacked SubConstructs
[modified] the simple laser is now using the standard laser algorithm (range still limited to 500m), so it is now possible to counter it with smoke, laser shield and water
[added] hologram projector ('Decoration' tab), it can project a picture at the desired location (with alpha-transparency)
[modified] the new explosion algorithm has been re-activated
[added] configurable inaccuracy for the bomb chutes (by default it's 0, but you can now increase it if you want some dispersal)
[fixed] (well, I hope...) APS barrels shouldn't self-destroy in some situations (it should even work better when the barrel is repairing itself)

Mods-related:
[modified] more plugins-related errors detected
[modified] better logs to debug plugins when there's a problem at startup
[added] non up-to-date mods generate a warning (but still work)
[modified] obsolete mods (older than non up-to-date) generate an error an be automatically disabled
[fixed] disabling a mod now works at it should: the mod will not be loaded at all (except for the modding GUI), so it isn't necessaary anymore to delete a mod, disabling it is enough
[added] modders now have access to a new shader for the blocks, it provides a way to deal with alpha-transparency for textures (as the old light block shader)
[added] optional 'AfterAllPluginsLoaded()' callback for mods (must implement from 'FTDPlugin_PostLoad' in addition to the required 'FTDPlugin' interface

Here is a screenshot of the result of the hologram projector:
[Image: yNuFLNl.jpg]

Erm, what's the stats on simple lasers now? because initial tests seem quite mad.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.