Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Effectiveness of limiting fire rate of laser using weapon controller

I have just realized you can limit the laser's fire rate using a weapon controller. This means you can have the efficiency of 4 q switch and high damage per shot.

Has anyone tried this before and is it worthwhile?

I did it once long ago, it was ok for a small laser system, now you could get more of it with the 3x3 cavity and 3m pumps.
Builds things*
*Quality Varies

There's actually one unit in the campaign I designed which uses a charged laser system. A tutorial was posted here outlining how to do it.

It's no longer more efficient to use 4Q versus 1Q - any number of Q switches double efficiency compared to continuous. Setting a longer time between shots means you can have higher damage per shot if you have enough storage capacity, as long as you're using Q switches at all - and more Q switches need much more storage / destabilization than fewer do.

Limiting rate of fire with continuous gets weird since continuous normally fires once per frame. (Note: Not always 40 times per second if your game ever slows down.) The behavior in such a case is unpredictable and usually not feasible.

I use the firerate-limit in the actual laser beam producer block.
Funny, if you use continous laser, it will create a shotgun-effect, 20-40 laser shots fired at the same time, then the wait.
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

(2018-01-17, 10:45 AM)BioPhoenix Wrote: It's no longer more efficient to use 4Q versus 1Q - any number of Q switches double efficiency compared to continuous.

Wow that is great news.