Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

V2.13 [dev test and development only]

(2018-02-03, 07:58 PM)Lincrono Wrote:
(2018-02-03, 02:07 PM)Gladyon Wrote: It seems that both devtest and stable are the same.
And none has the new explosion algorithm.
If the 'Home' key do not display the GUI, that means that this is the old explosion algorithm, that explains your results.

Roger, thanks for the quick response. Did something change with 2.15?

v2.15 Released [all branches]

(2018-02-03, 06:01 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: Gladyon, what does your CRAM tetris look like? Here is my standard CRAM bomb setup:

Mine has 25k explosive and 6.6k kinetic, 81 AP, 50m radius, 23 second reload, time from impact and inertial fuses, 2m

14x3x3 excluding gauges

It's quite a bit outdated, but I haven't modified the bombs since then:
Painite - Massive bomber (WIP)

(2018-02-03, 08:08 PM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2018-02-03, 07:58 PM)Lincrono Wrote:
(2018-02-03, 02:07 PM)Gladyon Wrote: It seems that both devtest and stable are the same.
If the 'Home' key do not display the GUI, that means that this is the old explosion algorithm, that explains your results.

Roger, thanks for the quick response. Did something change with 2.15?

v2.15 Released [all branches]

Roger, i've updated and read the notes, I was more asking has the test window for the new algorithm closed then? I apologize for being a bit slow on the uptake. References to using 'home' etc indicate that it's supposed to be accessible, but I can't access that GUI (on stable or dev test) and the notes don't mention if it's still supposed to be in or if it's been removed for more tweaks. Just trying to work out if I've misunderstood something or if there's an issue on my end.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

(2018-02-03, 08:12 PM)Lincrono Wrote: Roger, i've updated and read the notes, I was more asking has the test window for the new algorithm closed then? I apologize for being a bit slow on the uptake. References to using 'home' etc indicate that it's supposed to be accessible, but I can't access that GUI (on stable or dev test) and the notes don't mention if it's still supposed to be in or if it's been removed for more tweaks. Just trying to work out if I've misunderstood something or if there's an issue on my end.

I do not upload the versions on Steam, the 'Home' button is currently in a disabled part of the code.
I think it will be activated again soon, in devtest at least.

(2018-02-03, 08:10 PM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2018-02-03, 06:01 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: Gladyon, what does your CRAM tetris look like? Here is my standard CRAM bomb setup:

Mine has 25k explosive and 6.6k kinetic, 81 AP, 50m radius, 23 second reload, time from impact and inertial fuses, 2m

14x3x3 excluding gauges

It's quite a bit outdated, but I haven't modified the bombs since then:
Painite - Massive bomber (WIP)

I spawned it in. My game nearly crashed Big Grin I was able to use shift-P 4 times and P to look at the bombs. All of them are actually 1991mm from what I saw, and a few were lower. We use the same tetris in general, just different placement of gauges. However, you have a severe flaw, that being that the orientation of I think 4-6 autoloaders prevent getting extra connections onto the pellets, in effect greatly limiting the explosive damage. Autoloaders have 3 connections, and many of yours only use 2 of them, when they could be rotated to use a third.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-02-03, 02:07 PM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2018-02-03, 11:35 AM)Lincrono Wrote: is the 'home' key explosion settings only available on the dev branch?

Additionally, i've got the following feedback on the 'explosions phasing through walls issue.
-An explosion on the hull is indeed stopped by the hull, not affecting sub-constructs behind it.
-An explosion on a sub-construct is indeed being stopped by the hull, not phasing through to other sub constructs
-An explosion on a sub-construct will not pass through a second sub-construct to strike sub-constructs behind the second construct

The following phasing issues remain:
-An explosion that occurs on a sub-construct (a Turret cap for example) will phase through the hull to strike other parts of the same sub-construct
-An explosion that occurs on the hull can phase through a sub-construct to strike the hull/objects on the hull on the other side of the sub-construct.
-An explosion that occurs on a sub-construct will phase through the sub-construct to strike the hull on the other side of the sub-construct
-An explosion on the hull doesn't appear to damage sub-constructs (though sometimes they do)

Are there any plans to fix these remaining issues? In particular, now that explosions can have a maximum 35m radius any hits to the side of a turret have a high chance of destroying the turret internals on ships of any size, it is simply not feasible to require all ships to carry internal turret armor to deal with, for example, cheap rapid-fire flak spam striping the turrets. Similarly cool features like bay doors are worthless beyond visuals because an explosion near them will phase through, and an explosion on them will still phase through to strike hull features on the other side.

It seems that both devtest and stable are the same.

Hello,

I'm a bit confused here. The 2.14 patch notes list changes to the explosion algorithm, but I'm on 2.15 (stable) and pressing the home key in the vehicle designer does nothing.

Does 2.15 still use the old algorithm, and if so, when will the new algorithm be included?

EDIT: Ninja'd.