Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Input wanted: Compact Vehicle Weapon Laser

I have been considering building a fairly compact fighter style aircraft and/or spacecraft based on a laser system. To that end, I set out to build the most compact and energy efficient laser system I could. It needed to have enough alpha damage to at least one shot a metal beam, be as space compact as possible and have as little power draw as possible. The following is the design I came up with and I wonder if anyone has any ideas how to tweak it to make it better. I would like to keep the size as close to 3x3x14 (Its current size) as possible and it's power as close to 2000 as possible.

Specs:

Type: 3Q
AP: 88.9
Full Charge Alpha: 2609
Pulse Damage: ~560
Power Draw: ~1800

.blueprint   Compact Vehicle Laser 4.blueprint (Size: 41.21 KB / Downloads: 25)

Be informed that lasers without VERY long optics are quite inaccurate, especially for a spacecraft which will need to shoot in excess of 500m minimum.

Also, unless you will be against HA, you don't need more than 30 AP, since lasers ignore armor stacking.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast