Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Would you like to see balanced APS bombs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yes
80.00%
12 80.00%
Yes, perhaps
13.33%
2 13.33%
No, prefer not
6.67%
1 6.67%
Hell no
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bomb mantlet for APS

I've been partial to this idea for a long time, and have got some positive reactions. but it seems that amidst the rest it was quite overlooked - so I'm giving it a little thread here.

For making effective APS bombs, the current option is to cheekily use the ammo ejectors which can lead to somewhat unbalanced deluges of 500 mm shells - nevermind that such is most employed in evasive suicide vehicles.

I myself would love to see a dedicated bomb mantlet for APS cannons. the thing is, is that you can set up perfectly feasible down-facing bomb systems already
(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1187908351)

The problem is that without dedicated mantlet, you can't make the ai reliably target the bombs in a sensible way, and that this system will only work for pretty much recoilless low velocity shells fired at low altitudes because they are unguided and fired using ACB blocks.

therefore, in the interest of weapon options and feasibility I would propose an APS mantlet similar in function to the CRAM bomb mantlet.

Also, a percussion fuse similar to the cram impact fuse would be welcome for such weapons, as well as a bomb casing

This casing would not be compatible with other casings, but would improve aerodynamics for faster falling
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea

Check it out here!

- Also likes Strange music -

yep, +1
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

This could be done but I am unsure, as the reason CRAM has bomb chute is because people where using it as a bomb system even before that and it sometime worked better as a bomb system then a heavy gun system, I would know, I remember it being implemented and stuff surrounding it.
APS is never used as such and I cant imagine it being used as such either, it just feels strange as a concept to me.
So i reckon it could maybe be done but im unsure if its actually a good idea.
[Image: 6Vp76mI.png]

[Image: 76561198088023049.png]

Actualy I have used ACC's for bombers, and don't forget the Ejector bombers, so APS is sometimes Used for Bombers, and I actualy would like to see Bomchute for ACC's Smile
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

It is also done with rails and no gunpowder casing, to fire a ton of shells simultaneously.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

(2018-01-22, 03:45 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: It is also done with rails and no gunpowder casing, to fire a ton of shells simultaneously.

was about to suggest this. A no GP, low-draw railgun will perform almost identically to a bomb chute. The general tradeoff is faster shells for lower damage/shot vs slower CRAM shells that hit hard.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

(2018-01-24, 04:35 AM)Lincrono Wrote:
(2018-01-22, 03:45 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: It is also done with rails and no gunpowder casing, to fire a ton of shells simultaneously.

was about to suggest this. A no GP, low-draw railgun will perform almost identically to a bomb chute. The general tradeoff is faster shells for lower damage/shot vs slower CRAM shells that hit hard.

You are limited to not use 3m omni mantlet, but you could probably use it if you use a single GP casing set to 0.01 and a few coolers. You can also use HEAT or HESH opposed to just HE, EMP, solid, or Frag