Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Feedback

A little thread for offering constructive criticism and general feedback -

what is bad, what is going well/ what is good, and what do you think would be a neat addition to make things better?
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea

Check it out here!

- The Best Cello Concerto of all time - No, It's not Elgar's

Honestly? I think you should allow bombs to be dropped. Is there a way to only allow bomb components for missiles?

Plus, do the enemy ships have detection equipment? It's just that their fire is so inaccurate.

Why is the AI general purpose card blocked?

Ah, that is because detection systems are disabled in the campaign. Smile
The idea here is mostly bourne by practical concerns. It'd be a real mess to set up individual detection for a big broadside - plus, you can't "blind" a sailing ship. engagement ranges never exceed a mile and a bit from what I gather, and gun crews where perfectly able to lay their pieces without much exterior input from rangefinders or observers or the like.

Thus, since detection systems would for this campaing be 1) out of character 2) superfluous 3) a real hassle

I disabled them and set automatic detection to 1. I was too lazy to disable all individual detection components in the editor, so I just switched of the proccesing cards Smile

As for missiles (and lasers), I don't think I'll be putting those in honestly. I'm willing to reason about it, but it's all about cannonry and PAC lightning rays as far as I'm concerned. Plus, it would be tons of work to retroactively update the campaign to both include these weapons and have them balanced.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea

Check it out here!

- The Best Cello Concerto of all time - No, It's not Elgar's