Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Empty Fuel Strage(s)?

(2018-02-02, 07:21 PM)Fernir Wrote: No problem is not giving player choice I want fueled ship right now for that much money or I will get my ship refueled in 10minutes but it will cost me 25%or whatever it is in given case less

Maybe not even an empty fuel tank, but just make spawned in ships come with a checkbox for "filled with fuel", that will affect cost and whether or not it starts fully filled with fuel.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

Honestly I believe if a new player can be confused by fuel tank fill percentage, (s)he wouldn't play FtD at all. Big Grin

Also I second Gladyon recommending his mods.
There is the "filled % of new fuel tanks", and my personal favourite "X% damaged and sinking".
Not mentioned the settings which by you can prevent damaged barrel shooting and missile launching.
And the toolbox is an immensely useful interface for builds, especiall when they are bigger ones.
3d radar for components, showing unconnected parts, control similar components from an unified, central interface - et ceterum. Smile

The game serves our enjoyment, and I don't believe in any community imposed rules - of course if they aren't agreed upon before a tournament or multiplayer battle, then honour takes precedence.
And honestly who cares about how another person is building? I waste no angst on that. Smile

Don't despair!
You can switch off mods (do not use steam method) by renaming their directory.
Also this is better than minecraft, as all modded block revert to simple wood when the mod is taken out.
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

While mods surely are the answer to everything, I don't think we should just use them as an excuse to not incorporate some of their content into the core game.

After all, gladyon is now an active developer and already has put some of his mod stuff into the core game, which is fantastic, because most of his mods are "comfort of life"-stuff that should have been in the game anyway, if we are being honest.

so I was a little surprised when he said that empty fuel tanks should not be put into the game, when he himself created a mod for them, so he clearly saw a need for them back then.

And I still don't agree with his reasoning:

(2017-12-22, 05:32 PM)Gladyon Wrote: I'm not sure it would be a good idea to put it into FtD.
Because newbies may have some more trouble because of it.

And it's more on the balance side of things. I mean, it won't really change the gameplay or improve the QoL.
So, I think it will have to wait.

- newbies will LOVE it, because it greatly increases their ressoure-budget at the beginning
- it will change gameplay, because refineries finally make sense
- it is a GIANT QoL-improvement to NOT have to pay a gazillion ressources to the bloodsucking oil-cartels of the neter.

but oh well, I guess I can wait... Sad

(2018-02-08, 11:46 PM)Psert Wrote: so I was a little surprised when he said that empty fuel tanks should not be put into the game, when he himself created a mod for them, so he clearly saw a need for them back then.

but oh well, I guess I can wait... Sad

Yes, and yes.
Like me: "Honestly I believe if a new player can be confused by fuel tank fill percentage, (s)he wouldn't play FtD at all. "

But I need to point out again, that in my experience huge fuel tank amount on one unit is bad for your campaign. 74 years ago I did the same, went to my home base and "Where did my resources go?"
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

(2018-02-09, 01:08 PM)Normal69 Wrote: But I need to point out again, that in my experience huge fuel tank amount on one unit is bad for your campaign. 74 years ago I did the same, went to my home base and "Where did my resources go?"

I just think that it really depends on how you play the game.

For me, energy is everything, and I don't care if my whole economy ends up only producing fuel for my battleships, because I know I will put that fuel to good use.

more energy, in my designs at least, directly translates into better shields, lams, speed and to some extend also firepower, so it really helps both in survivability and in damage output and I have no problem paying for it in ressources, because it is worth it.

I only need ressources to build my ships in the first place anyway, so I am only really conservative on fuel or ammunition creation through ressources at the very beginning on the campaign. once my big ships are there, I can usually repair and restock them with the loot gained from destroyed enemies. So by that stage I can comfortably afford to burn any additional ressources from my ressource zones for fuel, because I really don't need them for much else afterwards. Smile