Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Heavy bore evacuator

Simple request: an APS bore evacuator barrel block with the stats ( or near the stats ) of a heavy barrel - can put it by the mantlet where you expect the fattest part of a large gun without risking the entire barrel being blown off by having a weak link. No matter what the tooltip says, the normal bore evacuator has the stats of a normal barrel already other than bouyancy.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

+1, 10/10, pls
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

and CRAM barrels

The whole tradeoff is bonus cooling specifically for a weak point in the barrel, doing this would be a complete counter to what it does.

You could also just use 1-2 more coolers, because that's all it counts for.

Unfortunately it also looks fucking amazing and I tend to use it even if I don't need it as a midsection to my barrels.

So a heavy fat barrel piece would be cool.
Grav rams are like the Looney Toons of shell types... Absolutely hilarious in short bursts.

It actually wasn't any weaker until we got 4m and heavy barrels, at which point it got slightly weaker, but still not by too much.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

I put bore actuators most of the time on the position of where heavy barrel meets normal barrel, it fits really well there and for multibarell and small guns I use the on the end of the barrels Smile
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

I put them after the mantlet and at the end, if I don't use a muzzle break, which tend not to use.

(2017-12-21, 06:12 PM)SynthTwo Wrote: The whole tradeoff is bonus cooling specifically for a weak point in the barrel, doing this would be a complete counter to what it does.

Unfortunately it also looks fucking amazing and I tend to use it even if I don't need it as a midsection to my barrels.

* Read the tooltip
* Check the stats
* Read my post.

Once again, the current one has the same stats as a normal barrel except for the bouyancy.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

(2017-12-22, 03:53 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:
(2017-12-21, 06:12 PM)SynthTwo Wrote: The whole tradeoff is bonus cooling specifically for a weak point in the barrel, doing this would be a complete counter to what it does.

* Read the tooltip
* Check the stats
* Read my post.

Once again, the current one has the same stats as a normal barrel except for the bouyancy.

I think he meant weak point compared to heavy barrel.
This statement is false

It was the same stats as a normal barrel before the implementation of heavies. It would make sense for there to be a heavy version with the same stats as a heavy barrel, or at least slightly better than a normal barrel.