Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Civilian buildings should surrender

I would love if civilian buildings such as houses and temples had logic that "surrenders" and ends the battle once all of the weapon towers have been defeated. I suppose the criterion should be that all remaining forces are buildings and (in undamaged form) do not have any weapons, detection systems or similar that would contribute to the overall battle. (Maybe I'm missing a border case that should be excluded?)

I'm a relative noob, so far managing to defeat DWG, OW and WF on "easy" in the Neter campaign. The most jarring experiences in the entire playthrough were the multiple occasions where I attacked a coastal village, defeated all its towers in a very short time (yay me figuring out how to deliver 333mm HE accurately in numbers) ... and then sat there twiddling my thumbs for what felt like 5min while my ships dropped said 333mm HE shells on wooden houses until each in turn succumbed to "too damaged".

I really felt like a war criminal there, shelling houses.

Buildings on reverse slopes actually pose somewhat of an interesting gameplay challenge since they are very hard to hit from the sea. However, it would be a more interesting and less criminal challenge if the enemy had missile bunkers on the reverse slopes, rather than houses.

^^^ perhaps this can extend to normal craft aswell, like if you take out every weapon (lwc/ main block) the craft surenders
When in doubt shut up keep calm and use more daka.Tongue
(2017-12-07, 11:38 AM)-ACHTUNG- Wrote: Afterwards I concluded that those Campaign designs spend too much of their material cost in Aesthetics instead of actual combat ability...

Free resources

Also... you can pat yourself on your shoulder, since you arent killing anyone by destroying them, they are deserted since everyone fled away off map where player cannot hurt them cuz gameplay limitations

I really don't know how feasible such a system could be I'm sad to say. If it makes you feel any better the White Flayers totally deserve to be eradicated, since ritualistic sacrifice of heretics is kind of what they do for fun and they would never surrender to heathens.

By the way, welcome to the forums, it's nice to see a new user who isn't an adbot for a change. Report any threads posted by adbots if you come across them. If the bot is already banned then don't worry about reporting them as the person who banned them either found it via a report or they reported after banning.

"Civilians". Just think of them as barracks if you like, they also provide a use for building Monitors & developing systems that can shell over hills.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

I feel a bit cheesy when I drop from a plane and capture the small DWG ships that keep spawning, odd for expert difficulty. I get plenty of Red Tunas, which is a bit annoying, since they take awhile to kill but can't touch my jets. I think DWG may need better AA. But back to topic: I think damaged and now unarmed ships, particularly if lacking ammo (barrels blown up) and engines, should either self-destruct if below 80%, ie: "health below 80% and unarmed", or possibly "health below 80% and engines and ammo destroyed". Normally, loss of engines or ammo would result in a destroyed or immobile ship. Therefor, something that might surrender. Maybe, after the circumstances are met (no weapon systems, or no engines and ammo) the ship has a chance of self destructing (like scuttling), or a chance of remaining, and surrendering after the ships with weapons are disabled or destroyed.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2017-12-12, 07:43 PM)Toothless The Night Fury Wrote: ^^^ perhaps this can extend to normal craft aswell, like if you take out every weapon (lwc/ main block) the craft surenders

At least regular craft have a chance to rebuild their weapons. houses never had any,so they just sit there and make you come to them.

(2017-12-13, 04:53 PM)zBuilder Wrote:
(2017-12-12, 07:43 PM)Toothless The Night Fury Wrote: ^^^ perhaps this can extend to normal craft aswell, like if you take out every weapon (lwc/ main block) the craft surenders

At least regular craft have a chance to rebuild their weapons. houses never had any,so they just sit there and make you come to them.

No they cant unless they are TG armed with repair beams. Repair bots were removed from almost every design in the main game

To be honest while this makes sense realistically FTD is by default set on Neter, we dont know what Neterean culture is like, the whole population might be required to be armed and effectively act as military for all we know.
I consider that unlikely, but its possible.
[Image: 6Vp76mI.png]

[Image: 76561198088023049.png]

(2017-12-13, 03:09 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote: "Civilians". Just think of them as barracks if you like, they also provide a use for building Monitors & developing systems that can shell over hills.

The game sells it as houses though. At least for DWG villages, the forces are called "Small House" etc. (I do have an LH village still standing that lists them as "Barracks", so there's that.)

(2017-12-13, 02:39 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: I think damaged and now unarmed ships, particularly if lacking ammo (barrels blown up) and engines, should either self-destruct if below 80%, ie: "health below 80% and unarmed", or possibly "health below 80% and engines and ammo destroyed". Normally, loss of engines or ammo would result in a destroyed or immobile ship. Therefor, something that might surrender.

Maybe, but that would be a much bigger change since it affects game balance. Under my proposed criteria (all remaining forces never had weapons) I don't see a realistic way to still lose; it's simply a question of how long you have to wait to win. Your criteria would speed up the rate at which forces despawn in some cases, making things easier for the player.