Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

V2.1 [dev test and development only]

Hi all,

Excited to be releasing to the development and dev test branches v2.1. This release contains a lot of cool stuff such as pistons, spinners and turrets on other spinners and turrets, a lot of quality of life features, and a number of the "game engine updates" added to Forgotten Shores.

Here is the full list

[added] Support for pistons

[added] Support for spinners, turrets and pistons on other spinners, turrets or pistons

[improvement] It is now possible to manually control the SpinBlocks using their GUI

[change] ACBs can now be placed on SubConstructs

[improvement] ACBs input values now have different decimal places depending on the type of the input

[improvement] ACB input for control key stimulus now display the actual key instead of a number

[added] ACBs can now be turned on/off by using their GUI or another ACB (an ACB cannot turn itself on/off automatically)

[improvement] GP PID altitude test values can now be set between -1000 and +3000

[improvement] 'Clear clips' button added to the APS firing piece

[improvement] 'Access to intakes' button added to the APS firing piece (exiting that GUI will return to the APS GUI)

[improvement] When clicking on the selected ammo controller in the ammo intake GUI, the ammo controller GUI is now displayed (exiting that GUI will return to the intake GUI)

[improvement] It is now possible to slow down the rotation speed of the turrets (using a percentage)

[change] Shields can now have their color changed using directly their GUI, no need to use the shield projector color changers anymore (but they still work)

[fix] When a shield projector is placed next to a shield color changer, it now connects the shield color changer automatically

[fix] When loading a blueprint and after having taking hits, the shields are now returning to their specified color

[change] The Aimpoint card can now be configured, the maximum time before targetting another block can be configured, and it can be set to target Mainframes and ammo storage as usual or any random block

[fix] The external venting of turbos is now displayed correctly in the cylinder's tooltip

[improvement] Optimization of the fuel engine power creation when using turbos or exahusts

[lua] Due to the extensive modification on the SpinBlocks, the functions related to the Spinners and turrets have been largely modified (old functions still there, but shouldn't work for stacked SubConstructs)

[lua] SubConstructs now have a unique Id, such an Id will never be reused in the same blueprint. The turrets, pistons and SpinBlocks are now accessed using that unique Id

[modders] The blocks array have been removed, blocks are now accessible in 'ElementStorage' using the Local Position coordinates

[modders] It is now possible to mod the constructs thanks to the introduction of 'Modules' that are attached to the constructs (most of the existing modules can be replaced)

[modders] It is now possible to add new audio assets (they will now be loaded correctly even if not in the FtD directory)

The credit for the implementation of this goes to our team's newest member: Gladyon- an awesome first build for him and looking forward to the next one Big Grin

Please post bugs and issues in this thread.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

NOOOOOICE. (Good job Glaydon.)
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006

YEEEES!

Wee Smile

Pistons on pistons?
Oh god I hope there's no (sensible) limit to how many I can stack on to each other, because I really, REALLY want to make a 1km long extending battering ram !

Punching ships to death clearly needs to happen.

(2017-12-06, 12:13 PM)Exocet Wrote: Pistons on pistons?
Oh god I hope there's no (sensible) limit to how many I can stack on to each other, because I really, REALLY want to make a 1km long extending battering ram !

There should be no limit except for what your computer can handle.
Have a happy punching! Wink

(2017-12-06, 12:20 PM)Gladyon Wrote:
(2017-12-06, 12:13 PM)Exocet Wrote: Pistons on pistons?

There should be no limit except for what your computer can handle.
Have a happy punching! Wink

I've been playing the game for over two years, and I've literally never been this excited !

Great work, great work

Fantastic work guys! Really looking forward to this new version.

One question:
[change] Shields can now have their color changed using directly their GUI, no need to use the shield projectors anymore (but they still work)

What is meant with that?
Procrastination level is over 9000

(2017-12-06, 01:15 PM)Eagle Wrote: Fantastic work guys! Really looking forward to this new version.

One question:
[change] Shields can now have their color changed using directly their GUI, no need to use the shield projectors anymore (but they still work)

What is meant with that?

That should read "no need to use shield projector color changers anymore"
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Amazing job guys. Now I can finally build proper ballturrets and AA guns. And oscillating turrets.
[Image: giphy.gif]