Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fuel Engine will not run if engine power is being supplied by a non-fuel engine.

I have a ship which runs mostly on steam and electric power. However, it also uses railguns and an extensive LAMS system which is quite power hungry. So I decided to make a fuel engine set to apply all of it's power to battery charging. However it will NOT run if a sufficient amount of engine power is already being generated elsewhere, even if the batteries are depleted.

If I turn off the electric and steam engines, it will power up and behave normally so the engine itself is functional. Regardless if it's set to power batteries or not.

This is very frustrating, does anyone have any advice on how to get around this issue?

is the batterie power factor thingy set to 1?(in the fuel engine)
Other than that I have no Idea, Usually kinetic power is preferred over electric one, which means that electric is only going to be used when kinetic is is empty
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

It's behavior doesn't change if it set to provide all or nothing to power batteries.

Fuel engines only work if energia needed - they are automatic that way.
I think in your case the energy flow is bottlenecked. try for several groups of batteries with separate electric engines.
Also (small chance) fuel engines give power directly to the lasers and other components - maybe you don't see the energy flowing over there?
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

(2017-12-05, 11:38 AM)Normal69 Wrote: Fuel engines only work if energia needed - they are automatic that way.
I think in your case the energy flow is bottlenecked. try for several groups of batteries with separate electric engines.
Also (small chance) fuel engines give power directly to the lasers and other components - maybe you don't see the energy flowing over there?

I've watched the engine up close during heavy energy drains and they never go above a very, very low double digit idle. The only time they will turn on is when the ship is freshly spawned (and turn off as soon as everything is charged never to turn on again) or the other engines are disabled.

Guess I'll just remove the steam engines and replace them with fuel engines. Disappointing, but I can't think of any other way to fix it.

Could you maybe send the bp?
Or a example bp of when it hapens
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.