Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need some examples for lasers

So I suck with lasers. I don't understand them, so I would like to have a few that i can reverse engineer.
I'm Looking for the following designs:

A small laser for aircraft. It has to be used for dog fighting.

A medium laser as a secondary weapon system for large ships or as primary weapon for smaller craft.

A LAMS for battleships to shoot down CRAM and APS shells.

A Smaller LAMS for airships to shoot down CRAM shells

A heavy laser system for satellites.

Or just any laser system would help.

After you get the basics, lasers are really simple, I barely ever use lasers but I still can make them, very effective.
Step #1 GET A BLOODY BIG ENGINE (for a small laser to be any useful a minimum of 2k engine power.
Step #2 Build the laser.

Also could you give a bit more precise measures? as someone will call a small laser that uses 15k power per second and a heavy laser one that uses half a mil.

Edit: Building A few examples right now
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

Ok, here ya go,

I put 4 Laser system's on it, with signs saying what the laser does

Attached Files
.blueprint   Laser Excample Fortres.blueprint (Size: 174.78 KB / Downloads: 49)

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

(2017-11-30, 03:54 PM)ThatOtherGuy Wrote: ...

Can't post an example, but it's really simple.

Offensive lasers, all sizes:
  • Use Q switches, how many is mostly preference after 2.0 (I tend to favor 1-2Q, use less if going for small targets).
  • Spam 1 input cavities with 3m pumps. Each one is 300 DPS for 300 power/sec.
  • Add 1 destabilizer/line if you only have 1 optic line.
  • Spam doublers until you get 30 AP, go up to 80 if you want it to be good against HA(if you have separate couplers for the doublers they only need 1Q switch, no matter how many you use for the cavities)
  • Until you get a feel for lasers use wavefront at 0.33, later decide between no wavefront and 0.33

LAMS:
  • Spread nodes all around your vehicle. Don't put them close to each other unless they cover different angles(note that blocked LAMS still fires and wastes energy).
  • Spam 1 input cavities with 3m pumps, each one needs 300 power/sec.
  • Get 2 AP, that's all you ever need
  • Go for 4Q until you get a feel of how strong LAMS is/what do you need
  • Later decide between 0Q/4Q

I made this spreadsheet, I think it makes designing lasers super easy, if you don't know what anything does just ask.
Laser Calculator

(2017-12-01, 12:47 AM)FortySixnTwo Wrote: I made this spreadsheet, I think it makes designing lasers super easy, if you don't know what anything does just ask.
Laser Calculator

Lasers were changed half a year ago, that's out of date.
There's no max effective number for LAMS nodes, by adding more defenses become more consistent and you are potentially targeting more projectiles.

The simplest TL;DR for lasers:
1 single input cavity + 1x1x3 pump = 300 power/sec = 300 DPS (150 DPS for 0Q)
Only use a single destab/line if you have precisely 1 combiner, none otherwise.

Skyer: "If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through." - so I was right.
Draba thanks for the basic laser faq!

Good to have info distributed.
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

(2017-12-01, 09:52 AM)Normal69 Wrote: Skyer: "If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.*

This is my signature, and i have cannons in mind for that Big Grin

I wrote it because i use a lot of AP as ammo in my ACC.'s
And it pissed me off that so many say that AP is useless i gave defeatd a thyr only firing main baterie AP

(2017-11-30, 05:48 PM)draba Wrote: -snip-
LAMS:
  • Spread nodes all around your vehicle. Don't put them close to each other unless they cover different angles(note that blocked LAMS still fires and wastes energy).
  • Spam 1 input cavities with 3m pumps, each one needs 300 power/sec.
  • Get 2 AP, that's all you ever need
  • Go for 4Q until you get a feel of how strong LAMS is/what do you need
  • Later decide between 0Q/4Q

I did some testing, and it seemed like LAMS with higher AP did better than ones with less, though it may have just been a coincidence or an inconsistency related to accuracy.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

Munitions have 1 AC, so that is very doubtful.

Mix of mostly 4q with a top-off 0q works nicely.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.