Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Avatar keeps rebuilding deleted blocks in designer?

Brick 
Encountering a problem where if im building a section of a craft and decide to delete many blocks connected at one point, such as a pole and i delete the bottom block where it connects to ship/structure.

The pole deletes but then remains with these ghostly red dots, the character attempts to repair all the blocks that were connected to the deleted block, causing an infinite loop of repairing block > block falls since the lower connecting pole block is not there.

How do i stop this apart from pressing F7 to disable avatar repairing, since you can NOT build over these red dots.. makes it very frustrating as this did not happen in old versions of FTD. Thanks

I am pretty sure that this is a bug. It doesn't always seem to register that the connecting block is removed in while building rather than being destroyed - counting the rest of the attached blocks as destroyed and not deleted. Currently, as far as I know, the only fix is turning off repairs by pressing F7. Or teleport your character around 5k blocks away from the vessel, that works too Wink
PC's are heavely overrated. Just overclock a calculator.

I noticed it too, I think it is a bug with the most recent patch. Moving away your character stops repairs, but the unrepaired blocks remain part of the vehicle blueprint. The only way to avoid the problem until it is fixed is to not disconnect large sections, or if you do, delete where the dots are.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

That happened to me recently. What I found is that if you reconnect where it fell off, it will eventually rebuild the section. At that point, I just cut it into smaller pieces. It looks like ~200 blocks is the glitch-out point.
(2017-09-27, 06:14 PM)Neldonax Wrote: Has this all devolved into cheese
What happens when a thread about cheese becomes a thread about cheese.

It happens to me with any amount, even 1 or 2 blocks. building on the affected area also sometimes works.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast