Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Delayed initial firing of canons/staggered fire for (CRAM) cannons

I've always been a fan of multiple CRAM cannons within a small space firing like 0.25 seconds from each other (and keeping this delay of 0.25 seconds of each other). Currently, in From the Depths, this is not possible to my knoledge without LUA scripting.
Is there a way to have a staggered fire effect for canons, such as missles have?

If not; Suggestion Big Grin

Staggered fire on (CRAM Canons). Maybe via a normal block or ACB's.

[EDIT]
Decided to add some more explanation to this after the first comment (I was unclear in this regard):
When you set the delay's on for example 4 cannons on .25, .50, .75 and 1.00, the first barage fires all cannons with 0.25 seconds difference. But, this delay is counted from when the cannon is shot, not since the start or initial shot. This means that every shot, the same delay is added. Resulting in the following effect:

First volley:
Cannon 1: 0.25 seconds delay
Cannon 2: 0.50 seconds delay
Cannon 3: 0.75 seconds delay
Cannon 4: 1.00 seconds delay
Second volley:
Cannon 1: 0.50 seconds delay
Cannon 2: 1.00 seconds delay
Cannon 3: 1.50 seconds delay
Cannon 4: 2.00 seconds delay
etc.

This results in the delay stacking each shot. First volley has 0.25 delay between shots, second volley has 0.50 seconds delay between shots, etc.

Also, what I don't want is having the firing delay = cooldown/amount of barrels. I want to have a delay of around 0.25 seconds.
PC's are heavely overrated. Just overclock a calculator.

The only way without LUA AFAIK is seting a delay on the cannons other than that I dont know any
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

(2017-11-24, 07:42 PM)Skyer Wrote: The only way without LUA AFAIK is setting a delay on the cannons

The delay stacks per shot. Meaning if you have 2 cannons, one set to 1 second and the other set to 2, it does not keep the 1 second difference. First volley 1 second, second volley 2 seconds, etc.
PC's are heavely overrated. Just overclock a calculator.

I know, I just don't know any other way
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.