Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average

Reduce Ammo in Clips

This is a pretty simple request, the reason for this is because I've come to the conclusion that APS is so darn asplodey because even a small clip holds a rediculous quantity of rounds, and as a consequence when one clip dies it sets off a massive explosion.

Fully loaded clipless autoloaders are barely splodey at all. They make a nice pop and a cute little hole and that's it, however if you want maximum RPM you want to get that load time multiplier down as low as possible which means having 4 clips, and having them all full so you don't lose any load time multiplier. That's a massive bomb waiting to go off.

So my suggestion is simple, cap the quantity of pew that can be stored in clips to like ten or so rounds, no matter the gauge. Everyone always has 2 ammo inputs on anyway so it doesn't matter that you can't keep a sustained free fire rate up.

(2017-11-18, 11:11 PM)SynthTwo Wrote: This is a pretty simple request, the reason for this is because I've come to the conclusion that APS is so darn asplodey because even a small clip holds a rediculous quantity of rounds, and as a consequence when one clip dies it sets off a massive explosion.

Fully loaded clipless autoloaders are barely splodey at all. They make a nice pop and a cute little hole and that's it, however if you want maximum RPM you want to get that load time multiplier down as low as possible which means having 4 clips, and having them all full so you don't lose any load time multiplier. That's a massive bomb waiting to go off.

So my suggestion is simple, cap the quantity of pew that can be stored in clips to like ten or so rounds, no matter the gauge. Everyone always has 2 ammo inputs on anyway so it doesn't matter that you can't keep a sustained free fire rate up.

Capping it to 10 doesn't help 499mm guns for example. I'd say either keep it as it is or flat-out halve the maximum number.
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside

Fairly certain that it's what they intended to happen. Use a lot of magazine stored ammo and you have to take the risk of a large explosion if detonated. And the only halfway measure is to have ammo ejectors.

Fairly certain that this is what they wanted out of it:

My DeviantArt Page Full of Shenanigans
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: ljhYQd1l.jpg]

Either clipless needs to get more splodey, or clips need to get less splodey, one of them.

(2017-11-19, 01:23 AM)Ramble6 Wrote: Fairly certain that it's what they intended to happen. Use a lot of magazine stored ammo and you have to take the risk of a large explosion if detonated. And the only halfway measure is to have ammo ejectors.

I'm pretty certain that's not what I want APS balance to look like Big Grin
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside

(2017-11-19, 02:19 AM)Kaonicping Wrote:
(2017-11-19, 01:23 AM)Ramble6 Wrote: Fairly certain that it's what they intended to happen. Use a lot of magazine stored ammo and you have to take the risk of a large explosion if detonated. And the only halfway measure is to have ammo ejectors.

Well that points out the difference between what you want and what the devs were going for. I think they definitely wanted explosive magazines in ships. Encourages people to armor the ships appropriately Tongue
My DeviantArt Page Full of Shenanigans
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: ljhYQd1l.jpg]

(2017-11-19, 02:52 AM)Ramble6 Wrote:
(2017-11-19, 02:19 AM)Kaonicping Wrote:

Well that points out the difference between what you want and what the devs were going for. I think they definitely wanted explosive magazines in ships. Encourages people to armor the ships appropriately Tongue

Which doesn't fking work given that explosions clip right through walls. So yeah, either APC needs to get less volatile, everything else needs to be just as volatile, or spin-blocks need to follow the same rules as everything else.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

Something that could be done would be to have an APS cannon setting of 'Max shells per loader' or 'max shells per clip'. (The former option would preclude multiple loaded clips if set to 1, the second would encourage them.)

Also you can make less explodey guns by accepting somewhat lower rates of fire or a fixed mount configuration and using ejectors. Safely ejected APS is less volatile than any other weapon system in the game, even lasers.

I think a simple halving of the explodability of APS shells in clips would help, perhaps doing the same for autoloaders too. Ammo boxes and barrels don't explode very much compared to HE APS. So I think that should be done.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

@lincrono the explosion stuff is being fixed by Gladyon.

Pretty sure it's already fixed with spinblocksmadness.
Once thats in proper we can perhaps go back to using clips.

Honestly I'd like to either see clipless APS volatility increased or clipped APS volatility decrease. The massive disparity is the only reason clipless is God tier.