Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Quickly add stone variants for low tier construction / remake texture ?

I think stone is really really not used in the game at least unless you talk about emp defense. but anyway. the problem is that something lack between wood and metal : metal ship in the early game are expensive, and wood is just ... lacking everything . Stone would be the best answer, but it's kinda .. ugly yeah, you need to always paint it at maximum so you don't see the texture, and just it's heavy, doesn't have shapes , ...
It would be very fast to make new block, as for a new texture, i think you should call it concrete, or something among thosel ine, or even just name it something else like composite, that would have a light gray color, so you can make lot of thing with it. Also, maybe lowering the weight by a little ,would be cool for making ship for early game / cheap build Smile
Roses are red, violet are blue
Omaera mo shindeiru

Definitely should change Stone to Concrete. Works a lot better and would look nicer aesthetically. Maybe have a Brick Variant with a redbrick texture?
Centralised Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
3100 Hours Ingame and Counting

(2017-11-09, 11:12 PM)ComradeGreen Wrote: Definitely should change Stone to Concrete. Works a lot better and would look nicer aesthetically. Maybe have a Brick Variant with a redbrick texture?
That would indeed by great Smile
Roses are red, violet are blue
Omaera mo shindeiru

There is a reason why stone/concrete isn't used in ships today. It is heavy, isn't as strong as metal, and sinks. It is meant in FtD for being a cheap keel or for buildings. I think some sort of change to concrete may be good, but I don't find the texture at all visually unappealing.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

Man, the texture is HIDEOUS. That needs to go, one way or another.
A great nation is not a nation that rules the world. A great nation is a nation that realizes they don't have to.

I assume that it will be cheap and bulky, but what about health and AC?
If they differ significantly from other materials, concrete could find it's usage as composite armor layer.

(2017-12-13, 08:29 PM)dachshund Wrote: I assume that it will be cheap and bulky, but what about health and AC?
If they differ significantly from other materials, concrete could find it's usage as composite armor layer.

Mid way between wood and metal, good for light armor if you can't afford metal and don't want wood, but not all that good.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

I use stone in ships in nearly every build. Would take a renaming & retexturing & some intermediate beams, but that won't change it's use for me. I'd be extremely annoyed if the stats were radically changed.

As far as art goes, wait till the game is in beta before complaining about art, that would be the time to do a final art pass.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

I would like the visuals on stone to be changed, I particularly dislike how shiny it is with 0.99 alpha paint, and of course I'd like to have the full set of shapes as in tournaments it's pretty good for a cost-effective material (and weight is rarely ever an issue in this game unless you are forced to rely on air/helium pumps).

(2017-12-14, 06:55 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote: As far as art goes, wait till the game is in beta before complaining about art, that would be the time to do a final art pass.

Oh yeah, forgot we're still in alpha after all these years Big Grin
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside