Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Viking's 2.0 Neter Grand Campaign

The Building Break
Sorry for lack of posting, but it takes me like 2 hours to do these things lol. I once had a problem. Not problems like what is beauty. Because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems. For instance how am I going to stop some big mean mother Hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind. The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work use more gun. Like this heavy caliber heavy armor mounted little old number designed by me. Built by me. And you best hope... Not pointed at you.
[Image: p25vNlX.jpg]
I once took on the problem of building the Apex cannon, and when I built it I knew that it could also power 3 cannons, but I left that problem for another time. But under a moment of sudden insight I figured out how to pipe it all in the same space. Truly a culmination of hundreds of hours of studying the Advanced cannon.

Now modifications to fleet were in full swing my Silver Talons are coming along. Well these things have come a long way from a couple sketches of steam punk ships lol.
[Image: kJS3uQv.jpg]
Being in such a good mood solving my Apex conundrum I even went ahead and brought one of my new twin battleships online. One made of heavy armor the other mostly metal. Behold more gun. The Iron Maiden.
[Image: 95poehO.jpg]
I was so happy that I made a bridge for my ship that I didn't hate that I even splurged and added 3 whole decorational blocks for the smoke. Hahaha imagine a ship of war actually having useless parts I'm not a madman for nothing.
[Image: WQlTyXF.jpg]
I was once told I should join the dark side, and use cheese methods. But I responded that I could stop all cheese with my armor and Apex cannons. The Iron Maiden needs not for shields or smoke or counter measures of any kind. It needs about 1500 power to do it's thing so I put two Hercules motors in for redundancy. But for the LH I made a one off version with as much AA as AS so I made a laser that could shoot down a Tachyon, and put two of them in the ship.
[Image: clCju5N.jpg]
I decided to go with a classic ball turret with green stripes for my old friends and cannon teachers Ruger and Lurch.
Sadly a lot of my progress with the LH is lost, mainly because I didn't keep good records this time. I was going through a lot of issues with my battles mostly on my end. Sometimes I'd have runaway custom jet craft (LH or mine) fly off on their own to who knows how far. Or let my PC get to warm doing big battles repeatedly. Essentially I was almost pushed back until I brought the Iron Maiden into battle. While fighting was long and vicious 3 to 4 large battles per tile, but my biggest problem was trying to keep up with fuel between battles, and got to the point where I had to let them blockade my fleets till the counter ran down just so I could have a few more drops of fuel per battle. But I decided to triple down on being the new oil baron and 100 efficient refineries later and I could finally start filling my tanks. I wish I kept track of how many of what ships I fought, but lets just say I never want to see another Terawatt or Tachyon again. At 3 to 4 fights per tile from all the resource zones to their HQ. Since Terawatts are only worth 15 points in a garrison I've seen up to 6 in one fleet lol. Pretty sure I've now killed more Terawatts than marauders, and that's saying something.
I plan on keeping better records for the rest of the campaign so bear with me till next time as I clean up the map, and bring the White Flayers to their knees.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Viking's 2.0 Neter Grand Campaign - by The Shortest Viking - 2017-11-19, 08:28 PM