Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Adventure trials

And the adventure continues...

On my way to the resource zone, the side cannons pelting the Kalmar over long range, who decided to do a wheelie. Wheee!
[Image: 2018-10-04_1432513ac9j.jpg]

2h13m: Casketbolt (DWG)

2h23m: Retarius (WF)
2h35m: Wrecker (WF)
2h45m: Flare (SD)

The Flare decided to batlle it out with the damaged Kalmar and the Retarius while I was slowly making my way over there, building an expansive outer hull to house new weapon systems.
[Image: 2018-10-04_1507252tf69.jpg]

After a while I managed to ground (or... water) the circling Flare and even capture it. 25k Materials, yay!
I looked around, searching for a blue gate, but found nothing.

3h2m: Red Tuna (DWG)
3h21m: Volta (LH)
3h23m: Casket Bolt (DWG)
3h39m: Flare (SD), Luminulus (LH)

I really hate Laser crafts in adventure mode, did I say that already? Even more annoying though was the Luminulus, which followed me at Depth -37m and even after deploying depth charges just didn't want to die, instead still following me at Depth -502.
Those two didn't do much direct damage but certainly robbed me of much building time, which came back to bite me later.
The hull so far, encapsulating the old ship:
[Image: 2018-10-04_160301nkepv.jpg]

3h50m: Nessie (DWG)
3h59m: Telemachus (OW), SeaAdder (DWG)
4h5m: Wrecker (WF)

*looking over the spawns*
No problem
No problem
No problem
Oh...

4h11m: Maelstrom  (SS) 

And of course my Anti-air cannons weren't ready yet. What did I say about robbed building time?
I shuddered as in the first pass the Mealstrom (80k Material of pure destruction) showered me in missiles which ripped apart my (at this point still) mostly wooden hull, destroying 15% of my ship in one swift strike.
I watched the second attack, realising that I would die if not for a miracle, so I went to maybe procure one.
I saved, jumped in the designer and tried to come up with a weapon that I could place in an instant, fire in the next and wouldn't blow up from one missile barrage.
A tall order within the available cost range and....
I failed.
Couldn't do it, not without violating my principles.
Loading the save, pausing  and analysing, there wasn't enough left to support a weapon anyway
[Image: 2018-10-05_135236q9i5p.jpg]

Well, you can't win everytime.
Death by missile to the face.

Maaaybe I sould be better prepared for my next adventure, whatever idea or restriction I will pursuit then.

List of Confirmed kills:

Antlion (DWG)
Walrus (DWG)
Zealot (WF)
Ransack (DWG)
Buttress (OW)
Sapphire (LH)
Nike (LH)
Vulture (GT)
Duster (DWG)
Casketbolt (DWG) x2
Retarius (WF)
Wrecker (WF) x2
Flare (SD) x2
Red Tuna (DWG)
Volta (LH)
Nessie (DWG)
Telemachus (OW)
SeaAdder (DWG)

With that, have a nice day Wink

Some may know me as the most boring, consistent person on the planet, others as the most irritating erratic.
If you can't make sense of my sentence structuring, don't worry. Me neither. Language and I are at odds sometimes.

If there's a right time for adventure, it is now.
The missile rework hit and my jar the floor as soon as I saw the new prices of components.
But never to be discouraged to try, I wanted to do an adventure run with only missiles.
Screwed around in the designer for an hour or two, made a small 2-axis turret for starter (1565 Materials) and begun a new journey.

Built the basics first and became airborne via balloons.
Because of the new upped cost of Mainframe etc. I already spent ~3800 Materials just to cover the basics (Engine, Gatherers, Storage, Ammo, AI, Detection,...etc.). Luckily, the first enemy took its time to spawn.

14m20s: XB_42_Lynx (SS)
[Image: 2018-10-16_192105fxcdv.jpg]
Right at the moment as the jet reached me, I had the Materials to place my turret, firing small 2-block Missiles with Var.T 150 - Fin - Fuel - Target Pred. - Frag x2 75° - Fins - Infra Red Seeker
I flinched before the incoming Lynx-Missiles but as it turns out, I was in no danger whatsoever.
Because of the nerfed turnrate and changed mechanics of missile passed the too-late fired projectiles right over my head,... everytime.
It took a bit of time, but eventually I hit the jet enough times for AI dead.

20m30s: Retarius (WF), Claymore (OW)
22m41s: Sapphire (LH)

Lasers,... so we meet again...
the former three decided to battle it out. Well, nearly so, because the Sapphire somehow and without need decided to target me with its turret even so I was 4km (!) away and chipped at my wooden armor.
Decided to distribute Laser warners and Smoke dispensers. That old prefab coming in handy once again.

25m37s: Pulsar (SD)

Careful now or else I get scratch marks on my desk
I tried building some 5-block medium missiles to throw them in the mix, but couldn't get them to reach far enough.
Var.T. 1470 - Fins - Fuel Tank x2 - Target Pred. - Frag x3 75° - Fins - Radar Seeker

27m55s: Shuriken (DWG)
29m53: Retarius (WF), Atlas (DWG)
32m53s: Martyr (WF), Meridian (OW), Essen (OW)
33m24s: Volta (LH)

Okay, now you are taking the piss.
The scene:
The Volta and Sapphire are targeting me while being surrounded by multiple enemies.
A violent storm is raging, throwing ships around like toys
The martyr is circling below me, waiting, agile and unpredictable enough to escape my missiles.
The Essen is closing in, its broadside scraping my balloons.
All the while a Retarius Laser targeter is trying to get a lock on me!

[Image: 2018-10-16_195441cxet5.jpg]

37m45s: Ampere (LH), Convictor (GT), Gemini (SD)

Enough is enough! I'm quitting this battlefield!
A lucky missile hits the Martyr and it blows up. In the cover of the mushroom cloud I quickly sell my expensive Missile-turrets and invest in a ton, no, tons of lead, sinking myself below the chaos of Lasers, fast flyers and hailstorm of different cannon shots.

During the following minutes I try to convert my to-be-airship into a temporary sub, which functioned barely, but just barely. (It's a big brick of mismatched materials, what did I expect?)

44m49s: Culverine (OW)

The Culverine guarded a precious hoard of debris and so I set course. Built a turret with some small 2-block Torpedos:
T.Prop. 190 - Fins - Fuel - Target Pred. - Expl. x2 - Fins - T.Sonar
[Image: 2018-10-16_202706ljdb9.jpg]

56m22s: Gotha (DWG), Vanguard (DWG), Piercer (WF)
57m33s: Sea Viper (DWG), Scrapper (DWG)

Having made and secured some Debris, I slowly made my way over to the big 8-way fight that was going on.
[Image: 2018-10-16_203448rtf2l.jpg] 

61m33: Sunfish (DWG)
71m15s: Wraith (SD)

Having cleaned up all the ships, I tried some medium Vertical launch missiles, but those didn't reach the surface fast enough so they aren't making a dolphin dive upon exiting or weren't agile enough to hit the circling Gemini.

82m02s: Retarius (WF)
85m47s: Vulture (GT)

Eventually I left the Gemini to let it play with someone else (like the Vulture) and began my way to distant debris.
Halfway there I decided that, with 12k Material in storage, it was time to become an airship again.
Wanting to change the brick-look of my craft also, I browsed my prefabs and found an old one of a wooden ship bow.
Copied that 4 times, works for me.
The turrets down below are using the earlier described medium missiles.
[Image: 2018-10-16_220830p9eo7.jpg]
For Propulsion and secondary lift source I chose Dediblades but this brought its own kind of problems.
The next ~25 Minutes or so I spent getting frustrated over my lack of skill regarding propulsion systems and balancing of air vehicles.
No matter if I tried, jet stabilizers, PID with thrusters or ACBs with dediblades, the ship wouldn't stabilize.
At one point even my balloon-craft was flying loopings dammit!
Finally though, I managed to wrap my head around it and now it got some pitch control.

The turrets fired away all the while but I didn't pay much attention to them.

98m21s: Piercer (WF), Stalwart (OW?)
109m7s: Claymore (OW), Jacobs Folly (DWG)

Confirmed kills:

XB_42_Lynx (SS)
Retarius (WF)
Martyr (WF)
Culverine (OW)
Sunfish (DWG)
Ampere (LH)
Gotha (DWG)
Piercer (WF) x2
Claymore (OW)
Jacobs Folly (DWG)

Till next time,
have a nice day :)
Some may know me as the most boring, consistent person on the planet, others as the most irritating erratic.
If you can't make sense of my sentence structuring, don't worry. Me neither. Language and I are at odds sometimes.