Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average

Missile overhaul: gauge, stronger missiles, penetrators (2.16)

I found this neat kamikaze drone with Tac Nukes on the workshop, by PurpleEleven: V2 Nuclear Missile Drone

The thing works like a charm: spawned it in and docked it, spawned in a Nessie, and unmoored the drone . . . Whoohoo! He took off on his own, found his target and detonated. IMPRESSIVE! Lua under the hood and shockingly (apparently) little need for the user to fiddle with any configuration at all.

However, the destructive power of the "Tactical Nuke" is (as I'm sure most of you are aware) preposterously small. Not saying it would be good for the game if they were "realistic" (all the ranges are too short for that I reckon), but sheeze: even the smallest nuclear bombs known to the lay public produced a fireball in the 200m radius ballpark (the Davy Crockett) which would have caused major thermal and concussive damage out well past a couple kilometers I reckon. Obviously, that level of force would be out of scope for this game but a measly ~3m fireball!? (guesstimating).

So then I found SynthTwo's thread in which buffing the Tac Nuke was part of his mod. In his last post in that thread about a year ago he pointed users to THIS mod; but in reading through the description for this mod, I'm not seeing any reference to changes made to the Tactical Nuke?
Epic Confrontation: Robot vs. Puppy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dneLQY6ZVk

You can achieve much better tactical nuke size explosions with this mod, I do not recall nukes being over hauled but if you use large missiles with several explosive warheads the blast does get up in size pretty fast.

(2018-07-21, 03:47 PM)Soulcharger Wrote: You can achieve much better tactical nuke size explosions with this mod, I do not recall nukes being over hauled but if you use large missiles with several explosive warheads the blast does get up in size pretty fast.

Guessing more so what it meant.