Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Warhammer 40k Land campaign! THE EMPEROR NEEDS YOU!

I am starting work on a 40k land campaign and I am looking to recruit people with tank building experience and working knowledge of the 40k universe and its lore. We are going to be working in a 2.5 scale for vehicles and have plans for apocalypse scale craft at some point (yes I do mean titans). And being that this is a land campaign we will be focusing on land craft and flyers and no ships or spacecraft (no crazy 5 kilometer long imperial battleships). We are in the process of organizing things and currently have our discord up to coordinate our efforts.

So far the planed factions will be:
The Imperium of Man (imperial guard and space marines)
Orks
Eldar
Tau
Chaos Space Marines
Necrons

We have a bit of a backstory ready to go and a planned final boss that I think people who are 40k fans will really enjoy. The planet will be a seemingly deserted near barren world that has been lost to history that holds extremely powerful energy signatures that draw the factions to the planet looking for the source.

The world appears some time from the warp after the fall of Cadia and you are an Imperial Lord General who is tasked to investigate the planet with a contingent of a few space marine companies for backup. You land and find that the world is seething with powerful energy readings never seen before in imperial records (or at least the ones you have access to).

Come to find out that this seemingly barren rock is an R&D facility that dates back to the time before the Imperium itself and quite possibly back to the dark age of technology itself with a treasure trove of technology that your superiors demand that you investigate and secure at once. And you are given access to all imperial technology at the imperium's disposal to secure the planet.

After the bulk of your forces arrive the world is beset by a large warp storm and you find yourself completely cut off from the Imperial Navy and you lose contact with the Space Marine companies that accompanied you down to the surface. While desperately trying to regain contact you hear an Ork Nobs voice over the horizon screaming "Get'em boyz de'z ere fo our lootz!"

If you want to contribute please drop me a line and let me know and I'll send you a link to our discord server.

Ya missed two races for the Emperium of Man. As well with Chaos race and Dark Eldar. I'll list the races ya missed.

Sister of the Battle
Inquisitor Daemon Hunt

Chaos Daemon

Dark Eldar

I have a tank based after something apparently called a "super land raider".
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006

(2017-10-17, 07:54 AM)benzo711 Wrote: "super land raider".

That's good. But be suuure ya tank aesthetics at least more like Emperium of Men styles. Like this one.

[Image: 0eca9e608e92319a94ca602b33dd1b7e.jpg]

Count me in! Where do i sign up?
Ur mum is a nice lady.

(2017-10-16, 11:01 PM)Monklizard Wrote: Ya missed two races for the Emperium of Man. As well with Chaos race and Dark Eldar. I'll list the races ya missed.

Sister of the Battle
Inquisitor Daemon Hunt

Chaos Daemon

Dark Eldar

Sisters of battle use mostly flame-based weapons and that's something that I feel would be too difficult to replicate in FTD though we do have some ideas on how to do that.

Actually, if we were to add any more imperials it might just be like some kind of unlock that you get for taking objectives in the campaign. I plan on trying to do something like that with space marines. (not sure how to implement that yet or if its possible)

Chaos stuff will most likely be all lumped together with chaos space marines.

Dark Eldar is an option on the table and something I would be willing to put to a vote if the project gets enough interest.

[Image: unknown.png]

A bit of a teaser for you all. This is a banesword I have been working on for a few weeks now. Has 3 twin linked heavy bolters (2x96 mm aps frag shells), 2 las cannons (each is capable of destroying a metal beam in one hit), and the Main gun is using a 500x7800mm shell that is a hollow point tipped explosive round that makes big holes in armor. It will be a base chassis for baneblade styled tanks in the future.

(2017-10-17, 08:06 AM)Monklizard Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 07:54 AM)benzo711 Wrote: "super land raider".

That's good. But be suuure ya tank aesthetics at least more like Emperium of Men styles. Like this one.

[Image: 0eca9e608e92319a94ca602b33dd1b7e.jpg]

OMG that thing would just be one huge ass laser bank I think with nothing but fuel and injector engines... the APS would be a challenge to fit in there in the front. But that would be something that would be put in the campaign for sure.

(2017-10-17, 03:08 PM)Damaddok82 Wrote: 1. Sisters of battle use mostly flame-based weapons and that's something that I feel would be too difficult to replicate in FTD though we do have some ideas on how to do that.

2. Actually, if we were to add any more imperials it might just be like some kind of unlock that you get for taking objectives in the campaign. I plan on trying to do something like that with space marines. (not sure how to implement that yet or if its possible)

3. Chaos stuff will most likely be all lumped together with chaos space marines.

4. Dark Eldar is an option on the table and something I would be willing to put to a vote if the project gets enough interest.

1. Ya can use their weapons choices like a Melta Canon. It means it goes to the laser for that kinds.

2. I was hoping it work that way. Well, why not. I recommend ya put the "Unlock Unit" once player build some certain of Tank Factory or something.

3. I guess so. However I prefer those Chaos Space Marine has their own Path. Like a... Khorne. Tzeech, Slaanesh, and Nurgle. I saw those since I playing Dawn of War Total Apocalypse mod. But, that I leave to ya for the decisions.

4. Dark Eldar I think ppl can do for that. However... do of Aesthetic elements might be tough to make based on DOW styles. Spiky, blades, and blackish colors, and purple aura.

And... question. Is this campaign are RTS style? Or Default style?

I'd love to help out with this (my desk is literally covered in warhammer vehicles, including the banehammer I'm working on). When you say to drop you a line, where would we do so? In this chat? Or do you want us to send a PM?
FTD, what can I say? 750 hours played, more than anything else I've ever played. And yet, I STILL can't beat most of it. Says a lot. And yet, I keep playing Smile