Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average

What I am working on

Something similar to that for missiles, where every few ticks a missile (with friendly fire add-on) will check to see if a friendly bounding box is in front of it, maybe within a 5 degree cone, then the missile will disarm or try to avoid by moving away from the center of the BB, preffering up over going down (down over going up for torpedoes)
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

Sorry to sneak in,

but if there are any little gripes I'd love to see updated someday still, it would be

1) can we get APS bomb mantlets pretty pretty please? (suggestion thread, many in favour of
The current ones can somewhat make do, but they do not aim quick or reliable enough.

2) Means of making faster shooting smaller gauge crams useful again. I don't want the old days of minimal gauge 13 AP custom cannon spam back mind, but a way to balance to smaller calibres and setup (like APS scales) would be really nice - I sometimes miss that, when coming back from a break to older versions of the game.

There have been some suggestions recently; like gunpowder packaging for speed improvement. And I suggested that smaller guns are able to pack faster.

Perhaps not entirely fit for posting here; But these are things I'd really love to see some work done with over the next few updates.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea

Check it out here!

- The Best Cello Concerto of all time - No, It's not Elgar's

Carolus Magnus: maybe smaller cram shells should be travelling faster?
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

(2018-06-13, 01:59 PM)Normal69 Wrote: Carolus Magnus: maybe smaller cram shells should be travelling faster?

It would be a start. I have installed the Cram custom megabarrel mod that has a barrel type to enhance muzzle velocity, but I haven't tried it yet.

However, only shell speed increase will not make small setups as viable as small APS setups methinks. In general, bigger is better of course. But you can still make smaller decent APS guns. With Crams that is simply not an option right now. Which is a shame I think.

It'll never be a bullet hell spam weapon, the Cram. but smaller quicker firing weapons below 1000 or 750 mm of size could be given uses in a balanced way I think.

And the more stuff you can do, the funner it gets.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea

Check it out here!

- The Best Cello Concerto of all time - No, It's not Elgar's

Also fuses taking up more space on smaller gauges is a problem too, no?
MULTIPLAYER!

It's been a long time since my last post here, sorry for that.
The project has been completely transformed and was in an unstable state for some time (in fact, it still is a bit...), so I took the opportunity to do non-FtD things.

But now I'm back, and when I tried the new project I have been instantly frustrated with something which was frustrating me for a very long time: blueprint loading time.
When you have a lot of blueprints in a directory, it takes ages to display the files, when you click on a blueprint it takes ages to display the dotted BP, and when you load a blueprint you can go play chess.

So, I have made some progress on that, now it's a lot faster to load the blueprint names, and also when clicking on a blueprint.
Loading a blueprint is still slow, but for large BP (about 40k blocks) it's about half the time compared to before.
I will try to improve that a bit more, but I'm sure you'll notice the difference in the next release.

Next, I'll add a few more ACB content, and fix a few bugs here and there.
At some point, Nick and Khaz will have finished with the textures, shaders and FS/FtD merging, and a devtest version should be released.

When the new devtest version will become stable (which may take some time...), I'll begin with the missiles.
I do not want to work on the missiles update with an unstable version, it would make things a lot more complex and I do not need that...

Ok, nice to have an update.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2018-07-10, 06:04 PM)Gladyon Wrote: It's been a long time since my last post here, sorry for that.
The project has been completely transformed and was in an unstable state for some time (in fact, it still is a bit...), so I took the opportunity to do non-FtD things.

But now I'm back, and when I tried the new project I have been instantly frustrated with something which was frustrating me for a very long time: blueprint loading time.
When you have a lot of blueprints in a directory, it takes ages to display the files, when you click on a blueprint it takes ages to display the dotted BP, and when you load a blueprint you can go play chess.

So, I have made some progress on that, now it's a lot faster to load the blueprint names, and also when clicking on a blueprint.
Loading a blueprint is still slow, but for large BP (about 40k blocks) it's about half the time compared to before.
I will try to improve that a bit more, but I'm sure you'll notice the difference in the next release.

Next, I'll add a few more ACB content, and fix a few bugs here and there.
At some point, Nick and Khaz will have finished with the textures, shaders and FS/FtD merging, and a devtest version should be released.

When the new devtest version will become stable (which may take some time...), I'll begin with the missiles.
I do not want to work on the missiles update with an unstable version, it would make things a lot more complex and I do not need that...

It's really great to hear about the blueprints loading optimisation. I believe that making the directory listing faster is really needed. I am forced to often copy older blueprints over to another directory so working on the current ones is less frustrating.

If I was to list out my top 4 quality of life fixes I'd like to see they would be something like
- undo option when building (does not have to have a long undo history really)
- material painter (easily change the structural material to a different one)
- smooth, "floating" camera to enable youtube videos be more user friendly
- much bigger prefab and subobject library
primum non nocere

(2018-07-10, 08:41 PM)harnas1977 Wrote: It's really great to hear about the blueprints loading optimisation. I believe that making the directory listing faster is really needed. I am forced to often copy older blueprints over to another directory so working on the current ones is less frustrating.
I am doing the same thing.
Unfortunately, the optimization isn't very good as we have to read the blueprints in order to extract the version number from it. According to the profiler, 83.5% of the time is spent reading the content of the blueprints.

But with the optimization it's much faster so we can have more blueprints in the directory before being forced to move them elsewhere.

(2018-07-10, 06:04 PM)Gladyon Wrote: So, I have made some progress on that, now it's a lot faster to load the blueprint names, and also when clicking on a blueprint.

Could you make the button bar non-scrolling, but fixed?
You know where the alphabet/time ordering ones are.
MULTIPLAYER!