Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

V2.03 [Dev Test] CONTENT Update

Seeing all these crafts being removed and added I wonder what is the oldest enemy design still in the game

Is it just me or does the Ransack now have a higher FP value than the Pilferer that it's a cut-down version of?
I could be mistaken, but I thought they were 22 and 20 respectively.

Yes, the Ransack now has a higher FP value than the Pilferer.
I've let the two designs fight each other just for fun and the victories were pretty even.

Switched the FPs on the Ransack and Pilferer.

Also, Oldest design in game is hard to figure out due to every design being updated and modified 100+ times over the years.

Some of the Oldest Files are things like Sea viper, Atlas, Vanguard, Marauder, Bayleaf, Valiant, Etc. Basically, typically the higher up the spawn list in the X menu shows how old the FILE is, but the design may have been replaced 10+ times.

However, the Unit that might be truest to its original design is probably the Vanguard.
"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds

(2017-10-14, 12:20 PM)majyst Wrote: Some of the Oldest Files are things like Sea viper, Atlas, Vanguard, Marauder, Bayleaf, Valiant, Etc. Basically, typically the higher up the spawn list in the X menu shows how old the FILE is, but the design may have been replaced 10+ times.

Speaking of the Bayleaf, I did notice it didn't get deleted after all. Am I right to assume that "roundifying" the updated Bayleaf (mostly the bow) is worth the trouble? Or will it be deleted at a later date?

(2017-10-14, 12:57 PM)FourGreenFields Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 12:20 PM)majyst Wrote: Some of the Oldest Files are things like Sea viper, Atlas, Vanguard, Marauder, Bayleaf, Valiant, Etc. Basically, typically the higher up the spawn list in the X menu shows how old the FILE is, but the design may have been replaced 10+ times.

Speaking of the Bayleaf, I did notice it didn't get deleted after all. Am I right to assume that "roundifying" the updated Bayleaf (mostly the bow) is worth the trouble? Or will it be deleted at a later date?

Your ship is to replace the slot for the bayleaf basically, but the mission its in Ill need to spend a couple hours rebalancing to fit your ship and I just havent felt like doing it yet. Till then the Bayleaf will just sit there.
"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

(2017-10-13, 03:21 AM)majyst Wrote: Updated: Perferator (Gutted and rebuilt, now With a Massive Piercing PAC cannon)

Until there's actual defence, just no. I feel campaign craft shouldn't use any uncounterable systems, but that being where it is in the food chain of factions is just not on, godly or not - unless you want to actively encourage player cheese, anyway. In testing this thing blew lengthways down the bows of one of my better armoured ships - that's longways down metal beams then alloy ( again lengthways ) and then through 2 layers of HA, and into the front turret 30m back from the bow. This is quite possibly the first ship you'll see after finishing DWG. Really? exactly what are you mean to do against it? speed is no good, you'll need very extreme range before the damage even drops a bit - I set a naval AI card to max range and it still drilled holes in the ship so that's not much use -, being underwater isn't any good unless you spawn underneath it, you can't block it's detection and apparently even building the hull out of HA is no good. How is fighting this thing fun?

And that's before bringing up the shield cheese.

Also, WF energy weapons? I realise their tanks have some ( and I don't agree with that either ), but is *everyone* going to end up with them? if so, why have they not got lasers too?
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

(2017-10-15, 02:44 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 03:21 AM)majyst Wrote: Updated: Perferator (Gutted and rebuilt, now With a Massive Piercing PAC cannon)

Until there's actual defence, just no. I feel campaign craft shouldn't use any uncounterable systems, but that being where it is in the food chain of factions is just not on, godly or not - unless you want to actively encourage player cheese, anyway. In testing this thing blew lengthways down the bows of one of my better armoured ships - that's longways down metal beams then alloy ( again lengthways ) and then through 2 layers of HA, and into the front turret 30m back from the bow. This is quite possibly the first ship you'll see after finishing DWG. Really? exactly what are you mean to do against it? speed is no good, you'll need very extreme range before the damage even drops a bit - I set a naval AI card to max range and it still drilled holes in the ship so that's not much use -, being underwater isn't any good unless you spawn underneath it, you can't block it's detection and apparently even building the hull out of HA is no good. How is fighting this thing fun?

And that's before bringing up the shield cheese.

Also, WF energy weapons? I realise their tanks have some ( and I don't agree with that either ), but is *everyone* going to end up with them? if so, why have they not got lasers too?

The Thyr consistently beats the Perferator(even with a gun down). Large Gauge APS and Missiles is a good weapon against it because its lacks of LAMs, leaving it very weak to it. Even CRAM Spam works with fuses, due to the redundancy. It doesn't take much to disable the large PAC. The Pac isn't a weapon you try to defend against, but you try to outDPS first/disable first. Its one of WF's largest ships, its suppose to be a challange to fight, if its a concern that seeing it after DWG right away, maybe they're not ready for Godly yet.

As for why it has a PAC is due it trying to replicate an effect, as it name says. APS no longer penetrate shields like they use to, not even inertial frag, and WF doesn't use HEAT. This was the only way to mimic the effect. It'll be the only one with a pierce PAC turret, I think the tanks have whips/tesla styled PACs.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD, please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - Request new features here.
Support - Private portal to service desk.

(2017-10-15, 07:12 AM)Hikari Wrote: The Thyr consistently beats the Perferator(even with a gun down). Large Gauge APS and Missiles is a good weapon against it because its lacks of LAMs, leaving it very weak to it. Even CRAM Spam works with fuses, due to the redundancy. It doesn't take much to disable the large PAC. The Pac isn't a weapon you try to defend against, but you try to outDPS first/disable first. Its one of WF's largest ships, its suppose to be a challange to fight, if its a concern that seeing it after DWG right away, maybe they're not ready for Godly yet.

As for why it has a PAC is due it trying to replicate an effect, as it name says. APS no longer penetrate shields like they use to, not even inertial frag, and WF doesn't use HEAT. This was the only way to mimic the effect. It'll be the only one with a pierce PAC turret, I think the tanks have whips/tesla styled PACs.

I don't mind the tanks - I like the way the PAC effects look even, I just don't agree they should have them.

I would hope the Thyr beats it given it's the signature ship of a tier higher faction and what it costs - that is not even remotely a good measure. It was explained to me that you're not meant to be clever, you're meant to fight this ship with repairbot spam - well hell, why don't I just fight everything with whatever cheese I can dig up? I'll just go one better & make a deathsat, cruise round the map edges and end everything that way.

"Spam". More cheese. This is now not only acceptable but encouraged? dumb brute force or game mechanic abuse is the way forward? it's weak to APS, with... butterfly shields? yet more cheese. Yeah, sure it's weak to APS, just like everything is weak to APS if it doesn't have a LAMS. No, that is not "weak to APS", that's simply "doesn't have a LAMS".

"Try to outDPS first". This is not a challenge - a challenge is something you creatively think your way around. This is either a dumb endurance test or something you abuse the game to get around - either way it is not just no fun, it actively reduces fun. I've built my deathsat already in case I want to run the campaign again ( I suppose I could build a hovercraft full of missiles & go out for the evening while it kills the thing ), but I might just delete the ship instead.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

There are 3 other difficulties, play on those if you find a Godly too difficult for you.
Funny how any time a unit shows up that uses the same good tactics that the best players uses then someone has to complain about it. Faction designs have ZERO advantages over player Designs and MANY disadvantages due to theme and repair bot restrictions.
Sabot spam=Complaints
Heat=Complaints
Lasers=Complaints
Shields=Complaints
PAC=Complaints
There nothing in the game that when used against someone that doesnt want to get a little damaged that doesnt end up with a complaint.

Ive said it hundreds of times, and ill have to say it hundreds again. If godly units are too strong for you, then play on a lower difficulty, its not meant for you. The people it is meant for are still overwhelmingly defeating Godly difficulty with ease.

As for "WF shouldnt have PAC because...IDK< reasons that you have made up"

WF buys advanced tech from LH, thats part of their lore and set up for years now. No where does is say WF is allowed only Cannons and Missiles till the end of time even if new parts are added to the game.
It was decided that WF doesnt get Lasers, but a few PACs would be ok.
a SINGLE unit in WF using a PAC sniper is not an issue to complain about.

You complain about not creatively thinking around this unit, then refuse to accept any options except out DPSing it. Sounds like you are trying to be difficult because you declare any other option as "cheese".

Tell me, when you play other games and click "Nightmare" mode, do you then go to the devs and complain that the units having artificially inflated stats and stupid resistances is somehow unfair? But, for some reason in FTD people just click "godly" then get upset that they have to use the best methods to beat it.