Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assault core MK1 - 100k power fuel engine

I made a similar Engine way back but it was only at 80k and i really wanted to make one at 100k, but did not know how to untill know.
The thing eats 600 fuel every second under max load.
Im not yet sure if it can handle a max load but 80k is fine i guess.

I would really like to if see someone can improve on this thing because it woud be interesting to see what a better version could achieve.
Steam Engines have been known to grind fuel Engines face-first in the dirt in terms of Power, but what happens when you take fuel Engines to the extreme? Tongue

[Image: V7CNVqt.jpg]

Attached Files
.blueprint   Assault Core MK1.blueprint (Size: 144.92 KB / Downloads: 46)
Never sail out to far on the daft raft.

(2017-09-09, 09:54 PM)Char_charodon Wrote: I made a similar Engine way back but it was only at 80k and i really wanted to make one at 100k, but did not know how to untill know.
The thing eats 600 fuel every second under max load.
Im not yet sure if it can handle a max load but 80k is fine i guess.

I would really like to if see someone can improve on this thing because it woud be interesting to see what a better version could achieve.
Steam Engines have been known to grind fuel Engines face-first in the dirt in terms of Power, but what happens when you take fuel Engines to the extreme? Tongue

If you take into account the fact that you only get to use half of the power the steam engine shows under no load, I believe steam engines perform pretty similarly to injector engines in terms of resource efficiency and power density, but I use them every time since 1) I need moar powa, which inline turbo designs can't provide, 2) refineries are a pain in the ass, and 3) a big fuel engine under max load just ruins my ears Angry. Also steam engines are a bit tankier and in some cases survive better when a few blocks are lost (since if a sabot round slices through a fuel engine it could disconnect tons of cylinders at once). In tournaments it's quite a different matter, and you have to take into account the spare materials and the max design cost you are given.
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside