Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tournament of WAAGH!

So.... if i can understand that correctly, this is a tournament where several entries can be sent inbetween rounds to fight in a continous war all over Neter ? Sounds like an interesting concept, can fleets of several units be sent for a round tho ?

(2017-09-16, 02:13 PM)Normal69 Wrote: Raptor doesn't drains that much resources - it's small flaw maybe the detection system, too vulnerable.
I rather put it inside on a small turret with a missile controller. That's why my smaller vehicles, like Hauler Cabrio (on workshop) has humped backs.

That's sort of an exploit Big Grin. But I am tempted to use it sometimes since detection equipment makes my vehicles warty and ugly Undecided.
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside

(2017-09-16, 02:50 PM)Bob5768 Wrote: So.... if i can understand that correctly, this is a tournament where several entries can be sent inbetween rounds to fight in a continous war all over Neter ? Sounds like an interesting concept, can fleets of several units be sent for a round tho ?

The last two rules detail that. In short, yes, in long, check the rules again, please. Wink
Of course one big unit = several small ones, in case how I get a wargroup together. You send a fleet, I match them with a mega-unit.
Trying to keep the sides evenly matched.
If anyone sends megas in (reminds me Forged Alliance Experimentals).
Sadly they got out of fashion, nobody builds big units now, that small ones got their armour buff. ;(

(2017-09-16, 10:17 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 02:13 PM)Normal69 Wrote: Raptor doesn't drains that much resources - it's small flaw maybe the detection system, too vulnerable.
I rather put it inside on a small turret with a missile controller. That's why my smaller vehicles, like Hauler Cabrio (on workshop) has humped backs.

That's sort of an exploit Big Grin. But I am tempted to use it sometimes since detection equipment makes my vehicles warty and ugly Undecided.

Really, that's an exploit?
What would you consider an inside vehicle docked lams drone, shooting thru problemlessly the outer hull? Big Grin

We serve the developers by exploiting things, so they find and can decide wether to deal with them or consider as a feature, like using unplaceable block replace for decoration and tetris.

"Remember, we are the good guys." - Lathrix Big Grin
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

So after reading the rules, all I have to do is repaint, add a flag and add a sign with all the needed details and I could send my super battleship. Correct?
"Anata no soba de! " - Hearts of Iron phrase.

Here are 3 of my slightly older designs, Battleships Mk1-3. They are what happened in my second adventure. The Raptors were from my first. Everytime I had about the cost of my current vehicle extra, I added 2 beams in length and 2 blocks in width. I added extra depth every few times. I also improved the weapons and other sytems with each upgrade. There are 5 others I will add later. They should fit all the rules and feel free to use them next episode. They are not optomised for their cost and size due to the battleship design I was going with, particularly for weaponry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint   BattleShip Mk1.blueprint (Size: 77.91 KB / Downloads: 14)
.blueprint   BattleShip Mk2.blueprint (Size: 86.41 KB / Downloads: 18)
.blueprint   BattleShip Mk3.blueprint (Size: 97.64 KB / Downloads: 13)
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2017-09-17, 10:34 AM)Normal69 Wrote:
(2017-09-16, 02:50 PM)Bob5768 Wrote: So.... if i can understand that correctly, this is a tournament where several entries can be sent inbetween rounds to fight in a continous war all over Neter ? Sounds like an interesting concept, can fleets of several units be sent for a round tho ?

The last two rules detail that. In short, yes, in long, check the rules again, please. Wink
Of course one big unit = several small ones, in case how I get a wargroup together. You send a fleet, I match them with a mega-unit.
Trying to keep the sides evenly matched.
If anyone sends megas in (reminds me Forged Alliance Experimentals).
Sadly they got out of fashion, nobody builds big units now, that small ones got their armour buff. ;(

(2017-09-16, 10:17 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:

Really, that's an exploit?
What would you consider an inside vehicle docked lams drone, shooting thru problemlessly the outer hull? Big Grin

We serve the developers by exploiting things, so they find and can decide wether to deal with them or consider as a feature, like using unplaceable block replace for decoration and tetris.

"Remember, we are the good guys." - Lathrix Big Grin

Yes, it's an exploit, just like using spinblocks to project shields through each other, clip more armour/functional components into a smaller space, allow laser and munition detectors to see through solid metal, exploit damage mechanics or reduce drag. But like prox-fuses it's not crazy OP and if everyone is allowed to do it then it doesn't make it any less fun, unlike repair cheese, acceleration abuse or warpspam.

I doubt it's going to get fixed any time soon if ever, and in a way I'd prefer it to stay since people who don't want it in their tournaments can ban it, while people who don't like the detection system for the ugliness it induces can use it to keep their hulls looking smooth. Similarly, people who think shields are unbalanced and stupid can use proxy-HESH and get to play Neter their own way.
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside

Also any unit which uses the spinblock-hold is very susceptible to explosive damage.
If seems to me as the explosive radius rearches inside, the spinblock-held part receives damage along on it's surface inside the vehicle.
So it must bee deep inside.

And I'm talking about my huge shell of Koppany, being held by a small inner helicopter - and it still gets damaged.
--------------------
Thank you for the battleships, MizarLuke!
Some more units and second round will be done.
--------------------
Gamng19: I don't wanna bore you with repetition - when in doubt, read the rules again, and again, and again...
For example is the unit on resource group 1?
MULTIPLAYER!

Here is my super battleship:
BB-26 Redemption Class Super Battleship of the Imperial Hearts of Iron Navy.
Warning: The imperial court does not claim responsibility for any computer crashes or total annihilation of any ships.

Ship is on resource group 1, has flags but isn't painted; A) Because it is half a kilometre long & B)The colours suit it imo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint   BB-26 Redemption Class Super Battleship.blueprint (Size: 3.51 MB / Downloads: 18)
"Anata no soba de! " - Hearts of Iron phrase.

(2017-09-18, 05:26 PM)Gamng19 Wrote: Here is my super battleship:
BB-26 Redemption Class Super Battleship of the Imperial Hearts of Iron Navy.
Warning: The imperial court does not claim responsibility for any computer crashes or total annihilation of any ships.

Ship is on resource group 1, has flags but isn't painted; A) Because it is half a kilometre long & B)The colours suit it imo

Oh my...

Immediately begins turbocharging production of Harbringer... (Look on the top of page 4)
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

That is a nice sacrifi... ehm: unit! Wink
I'm also working on a modular multipart thingy...
MULTIPLAYER!