Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tournament of WAAGH!

Here's one of the first ships I made. (Early May this year)

[Image: rP9ZDr7.jpg]
[Image: EsA9XQX.jpg]

Main weapon is 48 missiles, with 2 sabot cannons.
Didn't change anything, besides all the 1 degree frag missiles.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Mairoid Class VIII .blueprint (Size: 191.29 KB / Downloads: 25)

Paintminer, that is a cute missile boat - I will definitely include it after you correct the 3-4 rules you mayhap broken. Wink

Not necessarily paint it in fleet colurs, perhaps include the sign with the needed data, I think but not sure you want it to spawn on the surface of water, and one free bonus just to annoy you! :3
Not really, I like the ship and you've minded the second screenshot well.
Please edit your post if you decide to send the blueprint too, I won't change anything on it (except to paint it in garlish colurs) to provide flawless chaotic combat data for testing.

And before I forget, the WAAAGH! Bunny sends her regards:
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/QJgNKOlUZnM[/video]
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

Oops I forgot the blueprint...

Anyway there is no paint on it, I did put a sign in it, and you can spawn it anywhere as far as I care. (Although putting it in water would be the best idea)

(2017-09-13, 11:59 PM)Paintminer Wrote: Oops I forgot the blueprint...

Anyway there is no paint on it, I did put a sign in it, and you can spawn it anywhere as far as I care. (Although putting it in water would be the best idea)

Indeed so, my good sir! Smile

Just await some more units to avail, put in the previous winner, and the second part will come.
We have to get down the winner, me must take it, break it!

Unit tales, detailed descriptions, faction stories for them are welcomed!
If you have the inspiration, we have the curiousity. Smile

You can also retrofit, and send the updated version for the next round.
I've attached the other contestants to improve upon, and send back if you please.

Have fun and WAAAGH! Big Grin

[Image: latest?cb=20140729193713]

Attached Files
.blueprint   Fikurgum.blueprint (Size: 36.24 KB / Downloads: 21)
.blueprint   Mother.blueprint (Size: 42.13 KB / Downloads: 19)
.blueprint   Egg.blueprint (Size: 31.96 KB / Downloads: 16)
.blueprint   Harshbarger.blueprint (Size: 96.19 KB / Downloads: 20)
.blueprint   WatcherCrams.blueprint (Size: 216.21 KB / Downloads: 19)
MULTIPLAYER!

Yeah, the Meteorite II ran out of materials since it couldn't really do much to the orbiting HA that is the raptor mk3, and it didn't seem interested in the other things, so it couldn't earn materials fast enough to keep up with the big material draw of the beefy steam engines.

There's really not much I can think of for orbiting HA other than... spinblock ramsaws Big Grin.

Perhaps the Malabog shall rise from its watery grave.
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside

(2017-09-14, 01:41 PM)Kaonicping Wrote: Yeah, the Meteorite II ran out of materials since it couldn't really do much to the orbiting HA that is the raptor mk3, and it didn't seem interested in the other things, so it couldn't earn materials fast enough to keep up with the big material draw of the beefy steam engines.

There's really not much I can think of for orbiting HA other than... spinblock ramsaws Big Grin.

That's why I'm thinking about a mothership (with little holes from where they got ejected), and redock with ACBs in the case of serious damage or delepted materials.
Also they are so compact that could be delivered right into battle with graviton ram ejection.

I would attack it with HEAT, thump, spalling damage, and sporadic emp.
Let it keep it's HA, let's go for the internals!
Also with some smoke components as it seems to have protected visual detectors, beside the little detector-turret on top which can be shot off.
Maybe.
But meteor kept up really well, that's why it got the badge Awesome. Smile
MULTIPLAYER!

(2017-09-15, 09:02 AM)Normal69 Wrote:
(2017-09-14, 01:41 PM)Kaonicping Wrote: Yeah, the Meteorite II ran out of materials since it couldn't really do much to the orbiting HA that is the raptor mk3, and it didn't seem interested in the other things, so it couldn't earn materials fast enough to keep up with the big material draw of the beefy steam engines.

That's why I'm thinking about a mothership (with little holes from where they got ejected), and redock with ACBs in the case of serious damage or delepted materials.
Also they are so compact that could be delivered right into battle with graviton ram ejection.

I would attack it with HEAT, thump, spalling damage, and sporadic emp.
Let it keep it's HA, let's go for the internals!
Also with some smoke components as it seems to have protected visual detectors, beside the little detector-turret on top which can be shot off.
Maybe.
But meteor kept up really well, that's why it got the badge Awesome. Smile

It'd have to be a pretty crazy mothership to hold a 2.5k block FBT Big Grin (it's my biggest vehicle that's actually good in combat). I suppose the Meteorite's chunky shape will help, but I've only ever built something big enough once... and I don't fancy configuring 100 shields with heavy lag ever again Wink

I'm a bit wary of HEAT after the 2.0 nerf, and it will be pretty hard to make work if the raptor mk3 has shields, and basically impossible if they're far enough from the hull. HESH could be a thing, but again if it has shields it'd have to be proxy-HESH which is technically an exploit. From my testing EMP is pretty rubbish in general, not least since each HA beam needs 6000 EMP damage to kill, which is no mean feat.

I quite like the idea of a ramsaw and I've thought of a way for it to match altitude, so I'll try building one soon. It should be very WAAAGH indeed Tongue.

(: The raptor has no more than 1 or maybe 2 HA layers, and 1m metal. It is mostly untouchable by missiles but very vulnerable to HEAT. Also, lasers... 1 good laser shot and 1 ammo is down, 2 or three takes out both, it has no smoke... Nukes do well too, they treat HA like wood. Also, the shields are weak 3-6 strength

I will also update to 2.0 my Battleship series this weekend and submit it if I get it finished, they have much worse armor but more damage, like a glass cannon to the Raptor's meatshield.

I think that battle had too little damage and too many armored vehicles, the fact that all were airborne didn't help either.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

(2017-09-15, 01:33 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: (: The raptor has no more than 1 or maybe 2 HA layers, and 1m metal. It is mostly untouchable by missiles but very vulnerable to HEAT. Also, lasers... 1 good laser shot and 1 ammo is down, 2 or three takes out both, it has no smoke... Nukes do well too, they treat HA like wood. Also, the shields are weak 3-6 strength

I will also update to 2.0 my Battleship series this weekend and submit it if I get it finished, they have much worse armor but more damage, like a glass cannon to the Raptor's meatshield.

I think that battle had too little damage and too many armored vehicles, the fact that all were airborne didn't help either.

rams spinning at 30 rad/s treat HA like butter Big Grin.

Unfortunately I've been having trouble with the altitude matching so I left it alone for today while I played some Spiral Knights. As I was writing this I realised a naval AI would probably fix all my problems, so prepare to get rammed Tongue

Glad to read your comments, waiting for the new units, while building a really all terrain vehicle (from space to seabottom) which holds 7 dockers on 1 way turrets - planning this to be really modular, and it uses fuel for power! Big Grin

Discoveries after examining your units:

Meteorite has fuel because of the custom jet, also it cannot be sustained by a resource ring with 4 income.
That's why I thought about using it as an attack drone - with some more control blocks, it can switch itself off, consuming nothing, carried into battle.
The mothership doesn't needs to be big, maybe with some supporting weapons.
Anything with target prioritization will shoot at the drone as it fast, and high up.

Raptor doesn't drains that much resources - it's small flaw maybe the detection system, too vulnerable.
I rather put it inside on a small turret with a missile controller. That's why my smaller vehicles, like Hauler Cabrio (on workshop) has humped backs.
Also it has no ways to come up if it sinks underwater, but that's only splitting hairs. Wink

[Image: A0F4B704C2873AE32C056E167889D9D2A61C0E42]
MULTIPLAYER!