Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tournament of WAAGH!

(2017-09-08, 05:50 PM)Normal69 Wrote: Meteorite II:
moves, shoots, massacres, when further away decides to take a bath, never surfaces again

I think you didn't let its resource storage fill up properly and the steam engines ran out. It does sometimes send itself into the sea with recoil when firing upwards, but so long as its steam engines are running (and its not critically damaged) it will always resurface after it empties the autoloaders.

BTW it does have a target prioritisation card, and IIRC I set it up so its main gun focuses on one target and doesn't switch often.
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside

(2017-09-08, 06:43 PM)Kaonicping Wrote: I think you didn't let its resource storage fill up properly and the steam engines ran out. It does sometimes send itself into the sea with recoil when firing upwards, but so long as its steam engines are running (and its not critically damaged) it will always resurface after it empties the autoloaders.

BTW it does have a target prioritisation card, and IIRC I set it up so its main gun focuses on one target and doesn't switch often.

When it was spawned in, it was working all right.
It fired downward when I've tried the units out.
I don't understand how the resource storage should fill in - I've spawned it in as a Scarlet Dawn enemy vehicle.
It behaved like one which cannot detect enemies, so shuts off.
Seems to be one of a sexy drone. Big Grin

Will test it more carefully in the weekend - hopefully together with YOUR vehicle, yes you, who never made a comment here, but keep reading this right now. Wink
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

(2017-09-08, 07:23 PM)Normal69 Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 06:43 PM)Kaonicping Wrote: I think you didn't let its resource storage fill up properly and the steam engines ran out. It does sometimes send itself into the sea with recoil when firing upwards, but so long as its steam engines are running (and its not critically damaged) it will always resurface after it empties the autoloaders.

When it was spawned in, it was working all right.
It fired downward when I've tried the units out.
I don't understand how the resource storage should fill in - I've spawned it in as a Scarlet Dawn enemy vehicle.
It behaved like one which cannot detect enemies, so shuts off.
Seems to be one of a sexy drone. Big Grin

Will test it more carefully in the weekend - hopefully together with YOUR vehicle, yes you, who never made a comment here, but keep reading this right now. Wink

I sometimes find when spawning vehicles on enemy teams (through the 'Esc' menu, not with the 'x' spawn GUI) that they only start with a small amount of resource and run out quickly. The behaviour you described sounds more like it running out of resources, and it should always be aware of enemy vehicles since, like all my vehicles, it has a wireless snooper. It has loads of storage, but it burns through materials fairly quickly since steam engines aren't too efficient and it has a big one.

I believe it is the avatar itself which gives materials to vehicles in the designer, and only when they are nearby. For example if I spawn lots of the same vehicle, spread out, some will nosedive into the water since their tanks are empty.

Try spawning it on your team near your avatar and since it tries to hover when not fighting, you should see its storage filling up (but still fairly slowly).

I have tested it in 20+ battles since its makeover for 2.0 and it only falls in the water permanently if its dediblades are damaged or it runs out of materials.

Vehicles spawned on enemy teams are supposed to start with thier resource crates full, but don't get any more after that. Are you sure you have enough storage on board?

Raptor Mk3 worked good after spawning it higher.
Meteor has steam and fuel engine? I think the material was used up, till that, it was all right.

Done the first combat video, will upload in the weekend:
Raptor Mk2 - became a coward
Raptor Mk3 - tenacious, prone to EMP
Meteorite II - terrordrone
Harshbarger - hovermech, mine
Watchercrams - hovercram, mine
Brood Mother - annoying little git, mine
Fikurgums - 3 of them, replicators, mine
MULTIPLAYER!

(2017-09-08, 08:35 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote: Vehicles spawned on enemy teams are supposed to start with thier resource crates full, but don't get any more after that. Are you sure you have enough storage on board?

It's odd, since I have 64k storage... I'll have to check how quickly it uses it, but I'd be surprised if it can burn through that much in a short period of time...

(2017-09-09, 03:29 PM)Kaonicping Wrote: It's odd, since I have 64k storage... I'll have to check how quickly it uses it, but I'd be surprised if it can burn through that much in a short period of time...

Also it's fuel storages were full. Does it have fuel engine?
MULTIPLAYER!

(2017-09-09, 06:35 PM)Normal69 Wrote:
(2017-09-09, 03:29 PM)Kaonicping Wrote: It's odd, since I have 64k storage... I'll have to check how quickly it uses it, but I'd be surprised if it can burn through that much in a short period of time...

Also it's fuel storages were full. Does it have fuel engine?

No, only a beefy steam engine, but it does use smallish CJEs.

(2017-09-06, 09:28 PM)Normal69 Wrote: AMD X4 86k Quad processor, 16gb memory, Nvidia GTX750, game video settings low, and pray to Loki. Big Grin
Also I can double video speed easily.

If that thing isn't overclocked expect to see similar or slightly worse performance than I got in Sky Lords. Although that tournament was recorded before the move to Unity 5 and I kept the settings highish because I hate things that aren't anti-aliased, so you'll never know until you try.
My specs for reference:
CPU: i5-4590k @ 4.1GHz
GPU: GTX 950
RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz
Gehm's corollary: Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

Chrozayis (what a curious name, what does it mean to you?), it wasn't so bad, the first ones weren't so huge.
There were 7 types of units, 3 contestants, the others needed testing.

And yes I am a lazy koala, promised the video for the last weekend, but now I am cutting it lightly, and will upload. Big Grin

Rendering...
MULTIPLAYER!