Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tournament of WAAGH!

If you think about submitting, submit them. Wink

Just like in my first try on campaign editor I plan several factions divided by mood:
-a neutral faction of uberhard enemies, sleeping underground beside high yield resource rings - you decide if you wanna wake them up
(they are optional because MrVecz is right with his opinion: "Does that sounds as a pleasant faction to fight against ?
Its like using all whats wrong with possible faction design.")
-a militaristic and buerocratic empire (something like vogons) who will get the most normal looking vehicles like frigates, helicopters, jets, etc...
-a fanatical theocracy, which will have units with rams, and high damage first volley and suicidal units (like nukes)
-a friendly, technical, half-hive mind like faction, who will get anything strange enough
-and at last a jolly faction of anarchosyndicalists escaped from the previous three factions, they get the DWG-like/weak/fun units in garlish colours

More background info can be found here on the first-try topic:
http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=26985
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]

Perhaps I should have said mid-size, it is fairly expensive (for me anyway), It is the Raptor Mk3 over on the Steam Workshop. I don't remember the stats but it has a description there. It is an old build (before 2.0) and needs updating. It is in no way optimized, the armoring is terrible, the tail falls off, very vulnerable to HEAT and lasers, but it works great for the adventure (where I made it), and has served me well through the WF, OW, TG, SS, and GT. There is also the Mk1 and Mk2 which I will upload (and update for 2.0, maybe fix a few issues quickly) later. Feel free to do a duel and just download it off that (if you want), let me know how it goes.
Sorry for not checking there myself, This is not a gaming computer, and I have trouble accessing Steam on it.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast

I am patient and curious, upgrade it!
I am sure that Raptor MK3 won't pass the rules (sign with your name, et cetera Wink )
MULTIPLAYER!

Definitely not as it is, that is what needs changed, I will also use the steam engine version over RTGs for the Tourney.
(2017-04-20, 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote: I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

(2017-09-07, 05:06 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: Perhaps I should have said mid-size, it is fairly expensive (for me anyway), It is the Raptor Mk3 over on the Steam Workshop. I don't remember the stats but it has a description there. It is an old build (before 2.0) and needs updating. It is in no way optimized, the armoring is terrible, the tail falls off, very vulnerable to HEAT and lasers, but it works great for the adventure (where I made it), and has served me well through the WF, OW, TG, SS, and GT. There is also the Mk1 and Mk2 which I will upload (and update for 2.0, maybe fix a few issues quickly) later. Feel free to do a duel and just download it off that (if you want), let me know how it goes.
Sorry for not checking there myself, This is not a gaming computer, and I have trouble accessing Steam on it.

Yeah, it's more than 2.5x as expensive as my one and about 80% more blocks so they don't really match up well. Depending on what your APS guns fire it could be a pretty boring fight since I think my LAMS should be able to cope with your missiles and CRAMs, but the multi-barreled APS guns look too low-calibre to spot with munition warners. Also the Raptor MK3 is made of HA with shields on top so my gun will take a while to penetrate that, or basically forever if it's moving.
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside

The APS fire solid/sabot shells or frag. It works well in Campaign since it can dodge well, and the shields block most APS fire, but damaging the enemy is it's main problem. The Mk2 has a LOT of missiles, at least 60-80, so it might be able to deal with the LAMS. It also has the bottom APS and CRAMs, but no side APS, and a bit less defenses.

I think you should just put the signs in whatever you have your chair in, maybe a head for mechs? I think just put a flag, and it will usse the faction's flag by default

[Image: CB9Sgr7.jpg]

I stuck a flag, a chair and a sign on my newly-renovated Meteorite II, so it should be good to go. It will suck pretty hard against anything small and fast which it won't be able to hit with the main gun, but it can shred all but the tankiest of defences, provided the opponent isn't difficult to hit. It is fairly tanky itself, but it mainly relies on active defences to say alive.

The LAMS can deal with CRAM spam up to slightly beyond the Plunderer level, but things like the Crossbones are just too much (but 2 Meteorite IIs are still cheaper than it and can kill it without too much difficulty). It can cope with quite a few missiles, but the Thyr's are too tanky and too densely-packed. The shields are 2-3 layers around the front I believe and can just about protect it from a Desecrator for a bit.

The main gun fires 466mm GP/GP/GP/IF/HE/HE/Fr at 481 RPM (It used to be 1100RPM IIRC but it was way overkill), with 72 shells in each burst followed by 60 seconds of reload Undecided The tiny AA turret fires 54mm GP/GP/GP/GP/GP/IF/Fr/Fr at 296RPM with beltfeds.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Meteorite II.blueprint (Size: 163.57 KB / Downloads: 19)
(2017-07-10, 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote: Forward broadside is the best broadside

Mizarluke, you can do it, like the rules say - look at Kaoincping's perfect presentation!
The WAAAGH! bunny doesn't care about who gets wrecked, the WAAAGH! bunny likes to have your unit too!
Please with blood on the top, send it here!
:3

Also I need more units for the first part - take your time and do it. Wink
MULTIPLAYER!

Between school and associated work, I'll start building a massive flying minigun with miniguns.
A force as voracious as time itself.
A void as cryptic as reality itself.
An enigma as vexing as life itself.
Into the band Sabaton. Extremely so.

Here's mine: The Raptor Mk3 Steam (Cause it uses steam over RTGs like the rest of the fleet)
First two images

I also put in the Raptor Mk2 just for fun. (not sure if I did the fighters right, this is my first uploaded vehicle with subobjects.)
Second two images

edit:
Somehow forgot the lore.
A versatile aircraft was needed to combat the WF and and future factions, so the Raptor was born! Originally made out of wood and metal, with dual propellors, the Raptor Mk1 featured 16x flares, 2 CRAM cannons, 8 mines, a lot of missiles, and maybe something else at the end of its development. A newer, more modern, and bigger craft was needed, so the Raptor Mk2 was created, with heavy armor very little wood and internal, protected propellors, with even more missiles, torpedoes, an APS, and some other stuff. The huge missile pylons on the side were seen as too vulnerable, and so the Raptor Mk3 was created, trading in the missile spam for more APS, more armor, a PID system and Jets, no mines, different missiles, and a fully modern detection system and stuff.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint   Raptor_Mk2.blueprint (Size: 214.47 KB / Downloads: 22)
.blueprint   Raptor_Mk3_Steam.blueprint (Size: 251.12 KB / Downloads: 20)