Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Other Games Wherein You Build Stuff

(2018-07-13, 07:40 AM)NutterChap Wrote: I do take it you are gogin to include a hologram projector in the base and add welders to the gantry crane for automatic construction?

In fact I plan to build everything by hand.
Maybe create a small printer for small things I will need in several copies such as suspension systems.

Anyway, as I do not use the designer mode, I do not have any blueprint to use as hologram, so I'm forced to build everything by hand.
For now, the hardest part for me is to build a correct suspension system, a custom one which allows more freedom than the in-built one, in order to be able to access rougher terrain with my mobile base.

The gantry crane will be used to move parts I create on the ground level at the correct position, and attach them to the vehicle.

Do yous till need the BP attach blocks on both the main and the addon construct? If so, and you are building your thing up by attaching prefabs to a main construct, I foresee that you will end up with lots of those blocks around Tongue

But not using the designer? You are really trying to hurt yourself while playing it? Tongue
I never even touched survival, I didnt think I'd be 'good' enough to last. Same with campaign in FTD. I just dont dare, thinking I wouldnt be able to scrounge something together that will keep me alive.

Besides Space Engineers, I had won Medieval Engineers in a contest there once. I started it up maybe 2 or 3 times. The landscaping and building of structures was nice, as it allowed some blending of blocks to allow clipping. And when I got to FTD, we now have spinblocks. But actually combining 2 blocks to have the function of both in the same cubic meter.... but thats another thread.

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

(2018-07-13, 11:51 AM)NutterChap Wrote: Do yous till need the BP attach blocks on both the main and the addon construct? If so, and you are building your thing up by attaching prefabs to a main construct, I foresee that you will end up with lots of those blocks around Tongue

But not using the designer? You are really trying to hurt yourself while playing it? Tongue

I haven't found anything to do in SE, in solo I mean.
Building only in survival and with high gravity creates an interesting challenge.
I have to build tools in order to build bigger tools in order to build bigger things.
I do have to add linking blocks quite often, I remove them as soon as the 2 parts are connected.

The hardest is usually to connect large and small grids, especially adding a large grid to a small one, as you have to fit a large rotor head in a small rotor. I need to do it with the help of the gravity, which means that I can do it only in one orientation, and then I have to use an articulated arm in order to rotate the piece in its final position.

In FtD there are another challenges as a vehicle can be measured against other vehicles, but in SE it's more engineering than weapons, so I had to find an engineering challenge.

...and a challenge you found yourself. Mixing rotors is a tedious business. First times I troed it, the thing started flopping about after which it magically exploded. They fixed that later on.
The worst mixing of separate blueprints I did was when I built 4 separate hulls, bamged them up a little, and then juryrig them into a single space ship. The end result was funny but the positioning and linking was nasty as everything kept floating about.

The second worst thing was making ICBMs in their subsurface silos. The held by an engaged connector on retractable piston, with silo-side landing gear keeping it at tge right distance to be able to fly away when everything was opened and retracted.

The missiles themselves had simple timers in sequence, determining when to go horizontal, then final approach, rotating about length axis and detaching submunitions. So since you seem to like challenges, go ahead and 1up that by making such a dumbfire rocket also kindof aim-able. Tongue

CRAM CRASH COURSE

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3

All who like Space Engineers (myself included) take a peek into Empyrion:

Spanj Empyrion
From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
MULTIPLAYER!

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]