Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Change projectile custommizer to one block size

Hello, advanced cannons ammo customizers needs usually from 5 to 9 blocks in line, and in small vehicles (tanks, planes or helicopters) they are difficult to allocate. Why not change customizers to be only one block, where you can select number and types of segments of a projectile. So only one block is used by projectile type. I think that having to use one block by projectile segment + ammo controller makes no sense.

It is a limiter to how big you make your shells, the longer they are, they harder they are to put somewhere and the easier to destroy.

(2017-08-26, 10:39 AM)JohnMidnight Wrote: Hello, advanced cannons ammo customizers needs usually from 5 to 9 blocks in line, and in small vehicles (tanks, planes or helicopters) they are difficult to allocate. Why not change customizers to be only one block, where you can select number and types of segments of a projectile. So only one block is used by projectile type. I think that having to use one block by projectile segment + ammo controller makes no sense.

(2017-08-28, 04:41 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: It is a limiter to how big you make your shells, the longer they are, they harder they are to put somewhere and the easier to destroy.

But no one wants to put Heavy armor on those long things and it is quite reasonealbe to just make it into 1 block size(realasticly the block contains the blue prints of a shell not an sample of it)

also think about the ammo routers(which were removed after few updates when they came out) it was a limiter for aps too but they removed it i hope they do the samething on the projectile customizer

sorry for the bad english ( it is not my first language and i live almost other side of the world form its origin)

Only thing I found annoying was one to one input feeders. You needed massive arrays of output pieces for big guns.
I would say ammo customizer makes shells and therefore must have enough space for given shell in any caliber.

The problem lays for small caliber guns which can have incredibly many modules, and you use them ussualy on small vessels, so I think the amount of components should be Kinda linked to the caliber (and be selectible)
For example 500mm 2 module per block
250 3 MpB
100 4-5MpB
50 8MpB
20 10-20MpB
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

Well to be honest I would ditch that semi consonant module length and use something along lines a*cal mm of gunpowder b*cal mm long shell. AP vs Cargo has base module has ballistic cap has aerodynamic cap is hollow point is APDS has fins c big and so on. Then Ammo customizer with n modules would be able to supply ammo to gun which caliber z=1000*n/(a+b).