Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

V2.01 [Dev Test]

Yeah, the Iowa is just after the shot (about 3 frames in). Those clouds and flashes extend to ship length at least and last for at least 30 seconds with light weather...no one wants that in the game. Big Grin

I would probably make the composition a bit brighter, the smoke of the APS is way dark and dense. A more greyish might lighten it up a bit.
(2018-03-12, 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote: @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12, 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote: BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin

Yeah, lower alpha on the black would probably go a long way, it looks more like ink than smoke at the moment. Probably more smoke & less flame, but easily tweaked later, there are bigger issues to worry about. Attached image is showing off CLAMS beams also, I think they're rather thinner than pulsed LAMS at the moment? Edit: attached a shot of a Thyr with whatever LAMS it has right now.

Incidentally what happened with screenshots, they aren't saving in the steam screencap directory & the ones in the player profile are rather low quality. This wasn't true for the initial 2.0. Mind you I have a new gpu, so maybe there's something there.

Ed2: I tried a Perforator, the guns look more like they're gas burn-off pipes from an oil installation...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

(2017-08-09, 11:01 AM)draba Wrote: It's the little devil in me, but on that note maybe make cannons shoot little bunny-shaped shells.
Then an extra component could convert those to ones that do not look silly Smile

Once, when modding for After Cataclysm, I made a gun firing sharks as a demonstration of the feature that allows to change the shape of the shell.
I spent way too much time firing tiny sharks everywhere, they were adorable Wink

I would rather like shark-shaped torpedos...
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

Me too :/ And I like Flare Stacks as guns Big Grin
(2018-03-12, 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote: @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12, 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote: BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin

Does anyone else really hate the wing buffs? Like, for what reason does there need to be a change that breaks just about every single aircraft and causes them to point the nose down at like a 45 degree angle just so they can fly straight. TBH the only reason i'm so upset with this change is because i'm actually working on a custom campaign and every single aircraft I made is now unstable and flies terribly. Just my two cents.

Aww, why was the flak damage reduced? Flak was pretty useless already, for practically everything except CIWS.

I'm also not too happy with the wing update. Wings have always been, and will always be, useless for jet airplanes, but they are pretty fun for making WW1-style biplanes, and in this case it's always cool to see them struggling to stay in the air as their wings get shot off. They are also frequently used as decorating pieces on airplanes, and this will just mess up their balance.

2.0 was on point though, great job on that! The game feels so much better now, and the new autocannon sounds are like music to my ears.

(2017-08-10, 11:25 PM)constant_swagga Wrote: Does anyone else really hate the wing buffs? Like, for what reason does there need to be a change that breaks just about every single aircraft and causes them to point the nose down at like a 45 degree angle just so they can fly straight. TBH the only reason i'm so upset with this change is because i'm actually working on a custom campaign and every single aircraft I made is now unstable and flies terribly. Just my two cents.

Yes, the wing buff is stupidly high, not sure what that someone was thinking when the decided to implement an 8x increase.

(2017-08-11, 12:40 AM)Liondrome Wrote:
(2017-08-10, 11:25 PM)constant_swagga Wrote: Does anyone else really hate the wing buffs? Like, for what reason does there need to be a change that breaks just about every single aircraft and causes them to point the nose down at like a 45 degree angle just so they can fly straight. TBH the only reason i'm so upset with this change is because i'm actually working on a custom campaign and every single aircraft I made is now unstable and flies terribly. Just my two cents.

Yes, the wing buff is stupidly high, not sure what that someone was thinking when the decided to implement an 8x increase.

At 150 m/s a wing block still only gives 120 lift, ~70% of a dediblade.
Since dediblades have much more lenient placement rules and are only 3 power to keep going I really don't think the wing buff is too much.
My guess is it's right on the button, some way to control the lift would be nice though.

It seems that wings provide lift with forward velocity - not with attack angle (AoA).
If it is forward velocity: Lift ~ 1-AoA^2
IRL: Lift ~ AoA

I see some planes fly with noseing down - cuz it has maximum point at AoA=0,
otherwise very unstable - cuz when he nose up lift decreases and situation get worse, and finaly he have to ascend with his ridiculous thrusters.