Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

V2.01 [Dev Test]

Yeah, a lot of us do feel very much lift in the dark, I've seen dev patch after dev patch, and this is the first word in over a month on what is going on.

Its great 2.0 is finally happening, but the change in the flow of information was not very reassuring.
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the
glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass simply has a safety factor.

update and not even discord has the patch notes :rollseyes:
gets high on math

I've got a HUGE performance drop on my laptop with new effects. Maybe you should work with graphics settings first? They don't really do anything.

(2017-08-08, 08:07 PM)harnas1977 Wrote: Looks like 2.01 hit the stable branch.

To be fully frank I don't like the new APS firing visuals. To me, it looks like an over sized flame thrower than a gun, smoke is supper black and this effect looks out of place - not really corresponding well with the hit explosion.

Yep, APS is way over the top.
CRAM looks great though, I really like it. A bit too much smoke but the Bulwark's 2000mms are awesome.

500mm with lots of propellant:

[Image: fpzmc7hl.jpg]

^KABOOM
Btw I think the latest patch was just to incorporate linux

It's been an extremely long time since I've played. I very much personally like the new effects, especially the lighting but I think the outward draw on the particles should be scaled back... a lot (unless you're one of those guys who uses way too much propellant and a shorter than required barrel). Right now it just looks like a fireworks show, which is not necessarily what you'd see on most guns.

(Also, for slower systems it would be nice to disable the new effects completely. I think it's a bit taxing, especially the light change I like so much.)
If it ain't broke, fix it till it breaks!

The new effects look absolutely amazing, but I think they are a little bit too big. I think scaling them down by half would be better. Right now it's very hard to see what's happening when guns are firing, and a fast firing gun shrouds it's vehicle in a persistent fireball.

Some of my Custom Jets Vehicle flying backwards and rubber banding than.
The little Patch solve the problem, thanks nick.

The APS effects need to scale down with gauge enormously - they're not too bad for really big guns ( too much black still ) but they look completely daft for small multibarrel guns - the previous white smoke effects fitted those just fine. CRAM... err; well if you want CRAM to look like black powder muzzle loaders then sure. No real comment.

Flak seems a little bit more sane, good. Still waiting on graphical options & fixes for jaggy effects lines. I think there is something off in inertia calcs also given how much large vessels move around in response to recoil & explosions. Edit: not just explosions, tanks are moving around after being hit by kinetic rounds. It's like something is being measured in g instead of kg somewhere.

I also just noticed at the end of a fight when I was checking the ship that one gun had it's rail assist disabled despite all blocks being on full health; the magnet column was bent all over the place. Pulling the ship & loading it again fixed it.

Game crashed when one ship hit land, logs attached.

Attached Files
.7z   RD crash 2017-08-09_061536.7z (Size: 40.6 KB / Downloads: 20)
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

Quote:-Laser sound changed

I hate to say it, but it's still awful. It's not ear-piercing like the first one, so it IS an improvement, it's just that the new sound is freaking lame. There was nothing wrong with the original laser sound effect; just put it back to that one, the way you did with...

Quote:-Pac sound reverted

THANK GOD.