Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

V2.01 [Dev Test]

(2017-08-07, 02:58 PM)zitron Wrote: I think the problem is the lift and drag models are still completely unrealistic. IRL drag and lift are proportional to velocity squared, which puts a limit on top speed without being like flying in soup.

FTD drag is quadratic after a (fairly low) point IIRC. The flight model is bad, but the primary fault is the high drag and correspondingly high thrust, not bad drag scaling.
Allr andask.

New cannon fire effects are looking great, but definitely seeing a big hit to performance. I'm building a bunch of age-of-sail style ships with a bunch of the simple large cannons, ships that were previously perfectly stable now slow the frame rate down to a crawl when firing.

Thanks for keeping this game trucking!

(2017-08-06, 01:29 AM)zitron Wrote: Here are some of the (not complete) changes posted by Scarlet in discord, posting it here for public service:

Quote:RTG UI numbers are wrong. Its showing power/tick, rather then power/second. (Fixed)

Space – Gravity turns on after a certain altitude (1800-2500) and becomes increasingly intense.

Batteries – Density doubled (1000 for 1x1 to 2000 for 1x1)
Price per single block from 20 > 40

Wings – Force per speed from 0.1 > 0.8

Aileron – Force per speed from 0.2 > 0.4

Flak damage % from 30% to 20% of HE

CRAM – Shells start at 40 density/40% full and immediately 'load'

CRAM – HE box cost reduced to 70 from 100.

CRAM – Flash supressor : Velocity multiplier from 0.9 to 0.95

Accuracy before shooting option – max setting from 0.5 to 0.0/0.1

APS – Super cavitation underwater speed penalty from 0.9 to 1.00 (I wanted to make it 0.95, however, the fact is AI cannot compensate for this, and i think it would be preferable from a gameplay point of view for it to not slow down in water)

PAC – Input port systems now consume 250% the normal power.

Fragmentation – Damage range changed from 0.5 – 4.00 to 0.66 – 3.00

Gives this dude cookies! Finnaly a response of the progress. Im very dissapointed the developers arent able to keep the forum up to date.

Tested out wings, they do actual work now. Wings can produce lift multiple times than the total mass of the vehicle.
1. Build light plane
2. Big wings
3. Thrust forwards
= Result: craft going upwards.

Should the "lift" decrease when lift force exceeds mass times gravity? Now it feels like the wings are angled 45'degrees upwards. More thrust = linearly more lift.

P.S. aileron buff feels spot on.

First post updated with new info from khaz.

I don't have all the changes, but the ones I'm aware of have been added to the 2.0 notes opening post.

Also this is amusing, finally? After a few days, how terribly disappointing.
(2017-08-08, 01:18 PM)Napoleon201067 Wrote: Gives this dude cookies! Finnaly a response of the progress. Im very dissapointed the developers arent able to keep the forum up to date.

(2017-08-08, 05:23 PM)khaz Wrote: I don't have all the changes, but the ones I'm aware of have been added to the 2.0 notes opening post.

Also this is amusing, finally? After a few days, how terribly disappointing.
(2017-08-08, 01:18 PM)Napoleon201067 Wrote: Gives this dude cookies! Finnaly a response of the progress. Im very dissapointed the developers arent able to keep the forum up to date.

You dont understand my pain... Im just glad someone keep the forum up to date. The work on FTD is awesome but in the last few month it feels very lonely on the forum.

Is there any way I can revert back to 1.969?

Steam seem to see 2.0 as a regular update and forced me to download it while this version is unplayable for me due to a bug in the editor Sad

Looks like 2.01 hit the stable branch.

To be fully frank I don't like the new APS firing visuals. To me, it looks like an over sized flame thrower than a gun, smoke is supper black and this effect looks out of place - not really corresponding well with the hit explosion.
primum non nocere

Do we know when the new shield changes are coming yet?