Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Should AP Be Buffed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
AP Needs A Buff
75.00%
9 75.00%
AP Is Fine As Is
25.00%
3 25.00%
AP Should Be Nerfed
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Buff AP for Aps

(2017-08-03, 04:10 PM)draba Wrote: No, the main point of 2.0 was to help out armor.
It'd be just silly to go ahead and buff APS damage of all things.

Also, kinetics are only useless because shields are specifically good against them for now.
For reference, if shields were removed there'd be no point in using HEAT/HESH since it's simpler to just kill/penetrate the same armor with kinetic.
  • Straight kinetic sabot/sabot/solid can already punch through 3m+ metal/1m HA, add some rail energy and it easily goes through all armor and and entire ship.
    Further buffing sabot would just encourage the old spam of 8/10 component sabot/sabot/solid.
  • Pendepth can already easily punch though a few meters of metal, with a largish rail draw all but the silliest armor(need stacked HA to stop it).
    You might argue that the recent pendepth buff wasn't enough, I think penetrations with 180° frag(or even HE) are so destructive that it was plenty.
  • AP head kinetic modifier was just buffed from 7.5 to 10, it does plenty against softer targets.

I tried making a 500mm Railgun for my main Battleship. It is a huge gun with 6m racks, a substancial amount of railgun components, and a hefty solid sabot round. It goes through 3 layers of metal at point blank range with a muzzle velocity of 400+m/s The secondaries are smaller, HEAT/HESH APS that do 10x the damage with no rail components. Rail shells don't go straight through ships, and neither do Sabot/Solid rounds.

(2017-08-07, 03:56 AM)Lincrono Wrote: Have to agree the whole point of the recent changes was to reduce the 'paper armor' Battles should feel like slugging fests. However, i have to agree that for some shells, Namely Frags and anything relying on fuses, the new bounce mechanic is cancer. Buffs to armor and damage is good, Nerf to damage good, but i'm sick of everything bouncing especially since we have multiple campaign factions that don't use fuses by rule and metal is easily accessible.

even 500mm Flak shells going 200+m/s bounce off metal when hitting it straight on.

(2017-08-24, 06:27 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: I tried making a 500mm Railgun for my main Battleship. It is a huge gun with 6m racks, a substancial amount of railgun components, and a hefty solid sabot round. It goes through 3 layers of metal at point blank range with a muzzle velocity of 400+m/s The secondaries are smaller, HEAT/HESH APS that do 10x the damage with no rail components. Rail shells don't go straight through ships, and neither do Sabot/Solid rounds.

Nope, that just means you have absolutely no clue about the basics and shouldn't post in balance topics.
Seriously, even a basic 8 module/5 GP shell punches through 6m metal without a rail charge.

6m/medium charge goes through 13m metal on a good hit, 11-12 at a bad angle:
[Image: APOT0cKl.jpg]

My standard issue 388.52mm guns AP with 4m loaders pen 4m of metal just barely but punch throu
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.