Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Development

I am currently working on some small time balancing. And thinking of new roles and ships for the habsburg. I contacted a few talented builders, so I hope we can see some more good stuff soon!

Ideally, the habsburg will get a swathe more castle ships and a few more generic sailing ships.

Since soon enough the new academic period will start for me, update progress will likely become a little slower. We'll see how soon the Habsburg get done.

After they are ready, it might be time to start work on The long overdue balloon ships.
Imperium Age of Sail Campaign Custom Campaign Dev Idea -> Check it out here!

[Image: 88AAC0598B7E00385C41259D384B95EE9CCBB447]

I'm not going to say I'll be resuming work on this soon, but I am starting to dust of from the depths a little - haven't had time since september.
I'm going to have to start learning the newer game a little first, and dig up my old imperium saves so I can play this through first. After that, some additions perhaps.

So, I've now got some nice help from Users Salty seaman and aperturegaming. Salty already gave the cagafuego among others and has a couple of builds in the works - Aperture is asian by heritage, and will be helping to construct the turtle ships of Cathay (Yes!).

Untill mid december, I anticipate still being up to my neck in work, but after that I have a little respite. So no majour things for now, but at least I'm happy to resume progress a little!

I've drawn up a little list, going over each individual ship in the game. I will be fixing up a lot of visual discrepancies, increasing performance and fixing stuff as I go along. This is the plan for now, since I do not have a lot of time for stuff other than fixing a few boats a day.

After that, one of the most pressing concerns is overhauling the Habsburg faction, much like I did with South Limburg in August. they are in a sad way right now.

At that point, most current factions should be up to fluff. Where we go then, we'll see. I've talked with Nikopeg, Illpot, Saltyseaman and Aperture. I hope I can get some new ships for the roster from them soon, they've done great work so far, and I'm glad I get to use it!

17/12/18 Update!
-> Mostly (cosmetic) changes to Manduela.
- overhauled Madiera
-Overhauled Maladena
-Overhauled Vaello
-Overhauled Matador
-updated antonio regno and santo madonna
-updated burro and several others
-minour changes to most other vessels
-Overhauled generic Galleas
-Overhauled some other generic ships.

Currently halfway through some cosmetic fixup treatment for Zuid Limburg. After that, The Oikos!

So, new year is passed, and the exam season is there again!

I've got some pretty meaty courses to tangle with, so I'm glad I still managed to release the Zuid Limburg update in time. For now, I will be able to work a little on and off on this project, but expect no majour updates for the coming weeks.

In all likelihood, I will only be releasing the next majour thing once the Habsburg are back up to fluff, and the Reyvjvavik have had some curation or additions.

also, I'd like to do a little more with the sea monsters again.

Happy sailing!

Habsburg and Reyvjavik are ready for the overhaul, however, the shedule for march has been drastically altered.
I was hoping to finish the faction rosters with the next update, and start work on HQ fortresses for the factions and adding some less generic villages. this will have to wait now however.

I started experiencing a severe bug in which blueprints would go fubar and fail to load correctly during battles. Nothing I tried has worked to resolve this, and it made the CC near unplayable, and most certainly unenjoyable.

The campaign has however accumulated quite a bit of bloat over the 2.5 years I've worked on it - and this might be a good opportunity to start clean of the bat with a fresh reset. I'm going to rebuild the campaign from the ground up, world, factions, everything, exporting all the old bits, and starting of a whole fresh instance.

It's very drastic, and perhaps needlessly wasteful time and effort wise. But in the state my own version is at, I can't see me uploading such an unstable CC to the public.

So it's a bump, but I'm carrying on and will be slaving away during march, hopefully being able to do a revamped April release instead.

going to upload the update with the new Habsburg, Reyvjavik and reworked Eyre on April 1st ... with a little extra

The new version has gone live at night today!

So. The final big update is live ... This means that I'm taking a small break from development now, for it has been hectic.

I'm awaiting the coming AI update with some measure of dread, for all ships will need an overhaul that might or might not be quite involved. This shall be the next big work, but I'll jump at it as soon as the current devtest goes stable.