Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Ready for stable?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
54.46%
61 54.46%
No [reason given in thread]
45.54%
51 45.54%
Total 112 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

v2.0 [dev test and development for now]

^ I don't have that problem, is it maybe that long exhaust systems still cause lag? I bring it up because I don't use big fuel engines

Sorry I have confirmed that saving is not working.... and trying to fix that now with some success...
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

Nice shadows are back things look bit more proper now. Wasn't turrets rotations being motor driven originally being slated for 2.0? Also loaded a old design, rail guns facing in one directions had their barrels extending the opposite direction of where it's suppose to be. Torpedoes also still creating massive recoil when they explode.

Some people have mentioned that the performance has dropped a bit in the last two micropatches... I am surmising that this might be because the outlines are turned back on for the blocks... so now building without these outlines to see if it fixes the problem.

From what I can tell it's about a 50%/50% split between people who like the "toon outlines" and people who don't ... so might as well get rid of them and save the GPU some effort.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

(2017-07-04, 07:41 PM)sintri Wrote: Nice shadows are back things look bit more proper now. Wasn't turrets rotations being motor driven originally being slated for 2.0? Also loaded a old design, rail guns facing in one directions had their barrels extending the opposite direction of where it's suppose to be. Torpedoes also still creating massive recoil when they explode.

drats I forgot to fix the railgun things...

Any E.T.A for the wheels fix?

(2017-07-04, 07:44 PM)thetanker14 Wrote: Any E.T.A for the wheels fix?

It'll be after the stable release... will need to spend a few days on it I think.. as it is a difficult one...

What major bugs are still on the table? I know that raising the target max speed setting for LWC caused all of the ones on unlimited to only target things less than 50m/s. Other issue I can think of that's most pressing is the scaling rate of AP for lasers. If those two have been addressed and there's nothing on the scale of these two then I think this could be ready.

Voted no for stable, some of the bigger improvements/fixes in the preview didn't make it in(from those that didn't get axed ofc):
- frequency doubler scaling didn't get fixed, +they are still bugged(adding a doubler to a second cavity line reduces AP, display doesn't update and the like)
- explosive torpedos are broken by the missile push
- turbine volume doesn't matter and larger controllers/faster aren't building up faster
- 1/2/3Q laser sill has lower energy-efficiency than 4Q (can be simulated by limiting firerate in the LWC but it's a newbie-trap this way, +4Q always shoots at least twice)
- doesn't seem like frags with wider cones got the damage buff
- the railgun rail problem mentioned earlier
- the rotation speed of larger turrets doesn't scale with weight, no motorized turrets
Probably missing some other things but these are the ones that stand out IMO.

The most problematic are:
- lasers are completely broken, some SD designs would need ~1000 doublers just to do full damage to metal (also, instead of fixing shield stacking against wavefronts they are now useless against smoke, too)
- the push ruins HE torpedos

ERMAHGERD. ERPDERTES THERT ERNT ERT YERT.

Wasn't there a thing about motorised turrets in the other 2.0 thread though?
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006