Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

v1.97 [dev test]

After a bit more time I think missile HE change actually made things worse by breaking explosive torpedos(5 warheads, 1 sec stagger, ~80 m/s worked before).

It'd be nice to have options for missiles to do other types of damage, but this change with the current numbers isn't it.
HE can't connect in significant numbers and thumpers without other payload components aren't doing enough DPS to be useful by themselves, despite the 6->10 AP buff (a great DPS boost for bigger missiles that'd go fast anyway though).

(2017-07-02, 10:39 PM)Supercowswag Wrote: How is that a No? You didnt disprove me at all....I said how many missiles a lams can take a second depends on size of missiles and power allocated to lams and you gave an argument that backed up my statement...a 2k power can shoot down 3 400 hp missiles a second...that isnt disproving anything....

But what about a 500 power lams.....and a 16 block missile?

Not everyone has a 2000 dps 4Q lams they may have more or less or even less...and im not mentioning ones with a different amount of Q switches since that isnt a variable in question...same as the relative speed of the missile to the defending constructable.

Just an example with the ~smallest practical LAMS against the ~biggest practical missile that you'll see spammed.
For reference, good midsized flyers tend to have 10-20K engine power in LAMS and really big ships go up to 50K (even seen 100K+ continuous on a few things optimized against heavy APS).
There's nothing wrong with trying to build realistic things, but with current FtD mechanics having a strongish LAMS is an improvement on everything over ~1000 blocks(OFC exceptions are supersonic things dodging everything).
Hell, with triple pumps/doubler change/single inputs I'd even smack a small LAMS on ~500 block flyers.

(2017-07-02, 08:20 PM)BioPhoenix Wrote: It does depend heavily on the power of the LAMS and its power storage, particularly for sustained volleys. On the other hand, flak CIWS is, to my experimentation, best against closely staggered or simultaneously fired missiles and weak against fairly widely staggered, sustained volleys of fast missiles.

It's the other way around: against sustained volleys only DPS matters, not storage.
In general burst LAMS is very rarely helpful, beyond a pure CRAM / missile shotgun enemy it'll always find something to shoot at(especially with the new 30m baseline detection for APS).
Don't think AoE antimissile being good against tight swarms comes as a shock to anyone Smile With the massive flak radius and a sustainable RPM it still does well against stagger though.

This is the first I've heard of the laser changes and don't see anything mentioning pumps in the forum post.

So pumps got another density buff? What got changed to the doublers?

Scuse me but a quick ctrl F on the 2.0 thread didn't yield answers.

(2017-07-03, 10:30 AM)SynthTwo Wrote: This is the first I've heard of the laser changes and don't see anything mentioning pumps in the forum post.

So pumps got another density buff? What got changed to the doublers?

Scuse me but a quick ctrl F on the 2.0 thread didn't yield answers.

Now there's a 3x1 pump variant with the connection in the middle, so you can use solid 3x3 cavity lines instead of awkwardly stacking + shapes.
Doublers are changed so you need less of them in small systems, more in large ones(IIRC really small LAMS does max damage to missiles without a single doubler, 1 is definitely enough).
Numbers are off for now but it'll probably settle at each doubler giving 400/NUMBER_OF_PUMPS AP.

what drives hesh fragment damage and ap? post patch they create massive fragments but they just bounce around the internals almost helplessly
gets high on math

HESH fragments should have 200 damage and AP that is twice the armor of the block they exit from.
Kinda hard to test since damage varies wildly with frag angle, but frags exiting from HA seemed seemed to do roughly the same damage to metal and wood.

The 3 meter slope metal blocks are just 3m beams
[Image: kIWMFGx.png]

Thought he said the 3m slopes were fixed? I fixed it myself by copying over the 3m wood slope .obj and renamed it to the metal. which the other 3m slopes are attatched to. i hosted the fix back up the forums. In case your 3m slopes haven't fixed for some reason. Follow the link below and click the big green button. do not click anything else. Read the readme... ^.^

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zuc7rs78oz...3m+Fix.rar

Anyone elses swarm missiles bouncing everywhere after the first explosion?
~Jäger