Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

v1.97 [dev test]

Is it just me or is the sound of large amounts of fuel engines (ex like the Steel Strider's Excalibur) very choppy?

Excellent, will test that.
Also, transparency works! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Glass blocks no longer vanish under shields, or underwater. Big Grin

-- edit --
LUA seems to work fine now on my ships. Heart
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

(2017-06-04, 04:30 PM)UnseenChaos Wrote: Is it just me or is the sound of large amounts of fuel engines (ex like the Steel Strider's Excalibur) very choppy?

Oh my. Ive just tested this by putting down a large amount (10) of fuel engines, and yes this is a very choppy sound indeed.

One minor thing.

Simple Laser doesn't damage the first block meter that's directly in front of it, meaning, that the player can easily build a full casing around the weapon. Whether it's a good or bad thing, it's up to you to decide.
"Of course, I'm just talking crazy."

Noticed also that land vehicles do not appear to work- will fix that tonight.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

I'm getting significant visual artifacts, non-existent when viewing ship very close, but getting more pronounced the further I zoom out from the ship. They are not a clear in screenshots, but they are kind of shifting / noise, not static images.

-- edit --
well I guess they show clearly enough on the screenshots too.. those white lines, sort of.

-- edit2 --
Overall though, the game seems to run noticeably faster - which is great news.

That was a U5 shader bug in earlier versions, should surely not be there anymore though ...
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

Good to have you back Nick

Edit: Any ETA for Land vehicles fix ?
Ur mum is a nice lady.

(2017-06-04, 05:38 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote: That was a U5 shader bug in earlier versions, should surely not be there anymore though ...

Well whatever it is, it seems alive and well in my game.

Also memory leak seems just as bad as before - when enemy ships go into 'decomposing' mode (in adventure mode), they reserve huge amount of memory, and that memory never gets freed - or so it seems. The memory use of FTD exe goes up to 8-9G in an hour or two, depends on how many enemies you fight - and it keeps going up until the game crashes (haven't crashed yet on U5, but it just climbed past 9G. On U4 sometimes it crashed past 5G, sometimes I saw it go up to 25G).

Turning full-screen off in the options doesn't actually stop the game being full screen ( can we have the option for full screen resolution without the fullscreen option ticked in the launcher btw? there's ways to get unity fullscreen borderless windowed ). For some reason I don't appear to have any anti-aliasing either, this is ringing vague bells from working around U5.2 issues but I can't actually remember right now :S

Torp props have missile thruster trails as well as torp trails.

Performance is much improved ( if still a bit jerky at times ), very nice!
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.