Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

v1.97 [dev test]

(2017-06-04, 02:19 PM)mrvecz Wrote: Ah Nick you surely worked hard that you havent visited the forums for 2 months in a row

Hopefully there was particular reason for this update, is the engine easier to handle now than it was some time ago ?

Is Forgotten Shores the reason for Unity 5 upgrade ?

Yeah it's been a long process.

The engine is faster (in theory- I can't comment on how that translates to FtD) and has more features... and it's good to be with a version of the engine that is still supported and undergoing active development. FS is also Unity 5.6 so having figured out how to port to 5.6 for FS it made sense to do so for FtD as well.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

ERMAGERD. TERRET BERSES.
"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006

5m turret doesn't list the "5m" in the name, the name is identical to 'regular' 1m turret
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

Okay that is the fix to the rendering sorted (and released, still called 1.97). Need to fix LUA and the 5m turret name now.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!

Worked a treat Nick, those graphical issues are fixed. Although dare i say there may be problem with the in game graphic menu. The full screen button and post processing buttons seem to be mixed up. Clicking on post processing makes the game go to a screen, and the full screen button makes it, post process?.

Heh I actually noticed the post processing button for the first time yesterday... not sure what it does ... if anything... will investigate!

Oh yeah.. not only does it not do anything.. it bugs the full screen option.. removed for a patch in an hour or so.

F12 seems to behave abit buggy, sometimes i have to press it three times so i can make single screen shot

I dont know if its Unity 5 feature or just a bug, it seems that terrain types seems to overlay nicely

[Image: j2RrEuV.jpg]

If its Unity 5 feature, then hooray for no more divides between terrain types that ruin the land campaigns

Although... this is how the map actually looks
[Image: vgcisj6.jpg]

I also noticed there is something off with the spawning of new vehicles, it seems to spawn at the spawn of origin instead of Rambot's actual location (X menu)

Build has been updated to include fixes to the Lua. In particular Vector3, Quaternion and Mathf should now function correctly.

So far so good, no massive gamebreaking bugs Big Grin

(although i want old paddless to use as fencing on sides of my ships :b, might have been earlier patch that changed the model thogh)
くコ:彡

Another graphical bug; Any laser fired seems to go underneath the water (the lasers texture falls behind the oceans water texture) but then would return above the horizon.