Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

v1.97 [dev test]

The new texture are awesomes except of the repair tentacles. And i dont understand the purpose of the bigger one axis turret. Ok it has more hp but its expansive slower turnrate and bigger.

Ah Nick you surely worked hard that you havent visited the forums for 2 months in a row

Hopefully there was particular reason for this update, is the engine easier to handle now than it was some time ago ?

Is Forgotten Shores the reason for Unity 5 upgrade ?

I noticed the game looks a whole lot darker than before, even with Post Processing enabled. Also all the vehicles are now without any color, because the Paint Sprayer got reset. And APS barrels are "hidden" inside a full size barrel. Undecided
However,I haven't experienced anything critical so far.
EDIT: The coloration probably is a display bug, since the color does not appear, even when repainted on most materials other than glass.
EDIT EDIT: Heliblade spinners have a broken texture aswell.

Huh... The engine update's fun and all, but what did you do to the spinners? apart from them being duplicated, they also seem to be completely bugged out on all of my flyers. Bugged out as in, my crafts want to fly upside down.

EDIT: digging deeper into the issue, i noticed only my lua powered crafts are bugged. So i guess Lua's broken.

Anyone else not having damage show? For example the ship would look fine but when in fact there's no front to the ship. You can see the blocks as they get damaged and darken and hence then fall off, but there would still be the texture of the block in place where it used to be on the ship, a phantom block as you will. Or is this just me?

Other then that the update has been absolutely smashing what with the port and all. Good work sir!

Lua scripts do not work anymore?
like's strange music Tongue

LUA seems to be totally busted unfortunately. Colors didn't show up - everything is in default colors.
Bigger turrets are great, finally can make a turret that isn't destined to fail (because that one block will eventually be broken). Would really like to see bigger spinner and 2-axis too. Big Grin

-- edit --
resolution selection seems to only go up to 1920x1080, no 4k resolutions on windowed mode

-- edit2 --
About lua:

Code:
[string "..."]:162: attempt to index global 'Quaternion' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [string "..."]:162: in function 'Init'
    [string "..."]:112: in function 'Update'
    [string "temp buffer"]:74: in function 'RunUpdate'
    [string "temp buffer"]:80: in function <[string "temp buffer"]:78>

Line 162 is:

Code:
VehicleState.projectionRotation = Quaternion.Inverse(Quaternion.LookRotation(horizontalProjection, VehicleState.upVector))

Code:
[string "..."]:185: attempt to index local 'a' (a number value)
stack traceback:
    [string "..."]:185: in function '__mul'
    [string "..."]:185: in function '__mul'
    [string "..."]:333: in function 'AimFireWeapon'
    [string "..."]:81: in function 'Update'
    [string "temp buffer"]:74: in function 'RunUpdate'
    [string "temp buffer"]:80: in function <[string "temp buffer"]:78>
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.

damage doesnt seem to be registering properly on designs (no visual damage at all but health still goes down and its fine on low detail), also the shockwaves from large cannons really mess up the camera if you are caught inside them

Sorry I think the build has built without one of the shaders so it must be defaulting to a built in shader which explains the lack of color, damage and hidden blocks (i.e. barrel and spinner issues). Will update in a moment.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk

And I'll look into the lua issues as well- thanks for reporting.
Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Bug tracker - view, "upvote", comment on and add all bugs here.
Request tracker - request new features here
support - private portal to service desk