Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Depleted Uranium shells?

2 things
1: duck DEPLETED URANIUM ROUNDS JUST TELL USA TO duck OF AND SIGN THE FUCKING AGREEEMENT TO STOP USING THEM!!! (even Russia Signed that agreement so duck off)
2:Sabots in game don't work how they should, sadly, i find them useless.
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

2 things to your 2 things:

1. you say duck way too much in this point. But yeah, it might be beneficial for all participants if US would seize using DU shells.

2. They work like they should, they are the spam-a-lot penetrator ammo. The thing that works against them are shields.
Please elaborate what you think they should work like.
(2018-03-12, 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote: @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12, 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote: BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin

I said *I* find them usseless, I sayd that because IRL when a SABOT penetrates a tank a LOT of heat gets produced+ Some spaling due to the high speed of impacts.
Basicaly I find that they don't work as intendet and I Find them usseless, except for the time when that was one of the best ways to pen shields.
There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.

and how the actual hell will this spaghetti be any different?
Uses the golden ratio.

[Image: n4pzmbo]

Fat_ninja - today at 1:40 PM
Would the perfect pair of boobs be 1.6 times the size of the body or vice versa?

(2017-05-24, 01:06 PM)Skyer Wrote: I said *I* find them usseless, I sayd that because IRL when a SABOT penetrates a tank a LOT of heat gets produced+ Some spaling due to the high speed of impacts.
Basicaly I find that they don't work as intendet and I Find them usseless, except for the time when that was one of the best ways to pen shields.

Keep in mind that all realistic projectiles in FTD do dramatically less damage than their RL equivalents--RL combat tends to involve rare, highly destructive hits; FTD deliberately favors frequent but fairly impotent hits. In consequence, and for ease of implementation/efficiency, many round types are missing parts of their RL effects (most dramatic is shrapnel from HE shells).

For comparison, USN wargames in the 20s and 30s estimated that 20 citadel penetrations would sink a battleship, even without a singular critical event such as a magazine detonation--how many shells does it take to destroy large FTD ships, even only counting those that get through the shields? I am not actually a great fan of this myself, but it is the nature of the present game--isolated complaints about one favored weapon type not having realistic effects are unconvincing.
Allr andask.