Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

v1.969 [all branches]

I like the lasers, with the high accuracy/low cost/low range they finally give a reason to use 2-axis turrets.
When spammed damage output is a bit too much, price could go up to the 200 range.
That way they are still cheap enough that you do not mind about losing a turret with 5 of them but getting 100 blown up would hurt.

Two things:
1) Custom jet air intake add ons are now invisible. Honestly prefer it, but I can't imagine it's intended. They are also 1x1x1 - please don't undo this change if it is not intended, it is so much better like this!
2) Weird flashing cursor bug on Linux is still here. Only when FTD is running as far as I can see.

Mods were affected by something that shouldn't be affected, if your having glitches you probably have to disable them or use the previous dll workaround being suggested.
Will be looking into why the modding api is using the unity dlls later as they should never touch them.

*correction- apparently there are some chunks of FTD code in there, modders will need to rebuild the mod with the latest version*

(2017-05-13, 03:26 PM)khaz Wrote: Mods were affected by something that shouldn't be affected, if your having glitches you probably have to disable them or use the previous dll workaround being suggested.
Will be looking into why the modding api is using the unity dlls later as they should never touch them.

I'm not using mods.

Can we get the projectile limit raised? With Autocannon AA all over my ships I'm despawning shells pretty quick.

sign+
like's strange music Tongue

(2017-05-13, 04:09 PM)ShaadowMaaster Wrote:
(2017-05-13, 03:26 PM)khaz Wrote: Mods were affected by something that shouldn't be affected, if your having glitches you probably have to disable them or use the previous dll workaround being suggested.

I'm not using mods.

The custom jets were not touched, code is the same

(2017-05-13, 02:42 PM)ShaadowMaaster Wrote: 1) Custom jet air intake add ons are now invisible. Honestly prefer it, but I can't imagine it's intended. They are also 1x1x1 - please don't undo this change if it is not intended, it is so much better like this

This has been the case for me ever since they got the new texture (which I have never seen as a result) I gave a really old bug report thread about it
Gehm's corollary: Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

My ships only spawn their turrets now for some reason, structural blocks don't load and the turrets that spawn just do so floating mid air.
"A warship isn't really a warship until it wears a cute schoolgirl uniform" -Me

(2017-05-12, 07:49 PM)khaz Wrote: Sneaking in a small patch before the next step of Unity 5.6 and FTD 2.0

The Unity 5.6 upgrade is on the way!
Expect a bit of a performance boost initially, followed by the potential for more performance enhancements as well as better graphics with all sorts of gubbins in the future as we extract the precious potential of Unity 5.6.

I have mixed memories of Unity 5. Wink
It went something like:
  • Unity 4 porting begins!
  • Done- exactly 24 hours!
    [Image: pika.jpg]

• 24 hours later... Unity 5 to Unity 4 porting begins!

PS: Please make all the keys in FTD remappable. Remappable while in game would be even better.
"I don't have to reinvent the wheel because you can teach me how it works."
"I tried being normal, but it got boring, so I went back to being me."
PS: Please make all keys in FTD remappable. Remappable while in game would be even better.