Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

v1.969 [all branches]

Just tested the new simple weapons:
Their damages are INSANE
The large cannon OS metal beams...
A CRAM or Advanced cannon that can do that are FAR bigger
Because of how they are currently stated, they penetrate multiple wood beam in a single shot, making old replica boring (as everything OS more or less each other...)

(Yes, I know that Armour will change, but not to the point where they will survive long XD)

Small cannon damage seems to be a bit too high, it'll do at least ~500 final damage to even the heaviest armor.
Could be offset by having to hit the target and the surface area needed to place them but when they hit it's ugly.
I think something like a 100x30 bomber with 3000 of them on the bottom would pack a silly punch, and still only spent 9K on weapons.

The numbers are pretty high on the laser, too, but that's a real pain to aim so probably fine(and makes for really cool microfighters).
If you do manage to get ~100 on target that's 160K laser dps for 4K materials, I think a few hundred wouldn't be too hard with some turret shenanigans.

Keep in mind that 2.0 is coming, giving 50% AC bonuses and hp buffs to structural blocks. This will nerf all of these weapons pretty hard.

(2017-05-13, 12:51 AM)SynthTwo Wrote: Keep in mind that 2.0 is coming, giving 50% AC bonuses and hp buffs to structural blocks. This will nerf all of these weapons pretty hard.

Not to that point, the damage values on the cannons look my typos with an extra 0 in my opinion. 9k kinetic is 1.8m CRAM damage range. Sure you can add AP and make it better, but it's got a whole lot bigger footprint.

Having said this I haven't tried them out properly. I'll try to give better feedback after messing with them a bit.
(2016-10-27, 12:13 AM)Chromoid Wrote: AdNecrias, you have earned this:
[Image: EObLzKD.png]
Bear it with pride, my friend. *salute*

(2017-05-12, 11:23 PM)draba Wrote: Small cannon damage seems to be a bit too high, it'll do at least ~500 final damage to even the heaviest armor.

Im aware of the above issue, it should be fixed when the "5%" is removed.

Their AP is abysmal though, and if the 5% isnt there, they should quickly become quite weak against heavier armor.
Check out the FTD Discord; https://discord.gg/ATseFkc

Absolutely LOVE the new look and feel of the new simple weapons, although I agree that they might be a little overpowered at the current moment.

The Marauder is now actually terrifying

The new rubber texture is a little bit too shiny IMO.

The range on the auto cannons is phenomenal, with a 2km+ range. Could do with a nerf imo

(2017-05-13, 01:01 AM)ScarletDevil Wrote: Their AP is abysmal though, and if the 5% isnt there, they should quickly become quite weak against heavier armor.

Are they supposed to go through wood like this? Marauders now pack a punch with their broadsides against the easy onyx watch line. APS carrying sailboats they have usually get one shotted.

Anyhow I was toying with the lasers. On a 2 axis they make for good AA.

[Image: QnkEeXo.jpg]

Too bad the don't damage missiles. But I think that's balanced. They have too much damage for their cost.

[Image: CXX9IFM.jpg]

They make for great, cheap AA vehicles. Each laser requires a single ammo box to maintain fire.

Any small-medium flyer that gets within that 500m mark as

As long as it survives till close quarters that weapon on the boat can take down SS, WF expert flyers, and I don't see why it would wreck anything without smoke that came close enough.
[Image: 0qLAihj.jpg]

I might add they repair pretty fast.

Simple weapons in general:
Personally I like how they feel. They've got their use cases and aren't useless anymore. The stats are a bit over the top but don't nerf them too hard it's fun to have new toys. I half wish you could use them as anti-missile emplacements.

They look great as close proximity anti air:
[Image: 1CT0fH1.jpg]

Edit: Forgot attachments.

Attached Files
.blueprint   Laser boat.blueprint (Size: 39.31 KB / Downloads: 27)
.blueprint   Marauder with aa.blueprint (Size: 169.42 KB / Downloads: 28)
(2016-10-27, 12:13 AM)Chromoid Wrote: AdNecrias, you have earned this:
[Image: EObLzKD.png]
Bear it with pride, my friend. *salute*

Now our Battleships and Destroyers will look like real ww2 ships with AA blasting all around against aircraft

Minor bug:
Large cannon was destroyed, probably during it's firing sequence - and ended up with permanent muzzle flash effect (the flame is permanently on, non-animating), that persists after it's rebuilt, and even after I think it had fired several times. It did eventually go away though - wasn't looking at the time so not sure how, it's possible the cannon got destroyed a second time.

I like how the new models look, too. Not just simple weapons, the turrets are a big improvement too. Now if only we got the ram bot avatar replaced by cute foxgirl. Big Grin
Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.