Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[request] What kind of system would I need to power 4 LAM nodes against CRAMS

What kind of laser system do I need in order to take down volleys of cram shells (driving 4 nodes)?

A node is 4 laser defence blocks.

Should I be using continuos or a 4Q system? How many cavities/pumps do I need? How many destabilisers/frequency doublers do I need? Thanks in advance

My personal favourite setup for LAMS against CRAMs:
  • 4Q
  • 6 regular cavities+laser pumps
  • 4 Storage laser cavities
  • 3 destabilizers
  • 6 frequency doublers (Not sure how many you actually need for CRAMs but this is just for good measure)
  • 4 LAMS blocks

I set the LAMS blocks to a range of 250 so the power in the system isn't blown from a ton of missed shots. A ship of mine has four of these setups on it and can very easily defend itself from full Bulwark volleys (given enough distance). It takes a little while for it to recharge in between uses but it is quick enough for defending against mid to high calibre CRAMs.
[Image: yNphadh.gif]

IIRC LAMS is 3AP for everything, but I'm very willing to be corrected on that.
Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. No more post-processing! finally! but now I can't read the forum.

(2017-04-22, 11:33 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote: IIRC LAMS is 3AP for everything, but I'm very willing to be corrected on that.

Thumper heads add armor to the missile so that base 3AP for missiles gets changed, as far as I know.
(2016-10-27, 12:13 AM)Chromoid Wrote: AdNecrias, you have earned this:
[Image: EObLzKD.png]
Bear it with pride, my friend. *salute*

I believe thumpers only add HP, not AC.
Allr andask.

,,Missiles deal projectile damage on impact detonation even without a warhead. Said impact deals 50 damage(multiplied by 5 if the missile has a thumper head) and has an AP value of 1.''

,,Thumper heads deal thump damage, with damage equal to
10 m v = 2 \left( \ell + 1 \right) v
and an AP value of 6. The mass m is 0.1 t per module (0.2 t per block), with Thumper Warheads massing an additional 0.2 t.''

Both quotes are from the FtD wiki, but I don't know if these statements are true. Confused

(2017-04-26, 05:29 PM)Blothorn Wrote: I believe thumpers only add HP, not AC.

Oh yeah I probably mixed up AP buff with AC buff.
(2016-10-27, 12:13 AM)Chromoid Wrote: AdNecrias, you have earned this:
[Image: EObLzKD.png]
Bear it with pride, my friend. *salute*