Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average

Smart Lua Missile Guidance System v2.1.2

Hey Amadan,
Don't worry happens to all of us, I have thought about considering looking at the fuel, but I couldn't think of a use...however, you do raise a good point, it would help with short range attacks, which I keep forgetting about. (I personally like to outrange my enemies)

And in terms of the examples, they are just there to help demostrate how to setup some parts of the script and are in no way optimal... eventually Ill get around to it. (Trust me, from what I've seen you know how to setup short range missiles far better than me)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, hopefully i'll have an update of some desciption within the month.
I consider my ambassadors to be the best in the world, they always seem to come to a successful resolution, I just wish they could learn to use a few less missiles on passing seagulls.

Hehehe, I was trying to set them up for a 3km range. I don't have much experience with missiles (and none with thumpers) cause I also like to outrange my enemies (or rather avoid getting outranged), so the only reason I add missiles to my stuff is cause they're an easy way to diversify weapons beyond my usual APS and lasers. Incidentally, the missiles on the cube couldn't hit a nearby target (I think about 500m), instead flying over while trying to turn towards the target. I assume they lacked the maneuverability to pitch down fast enough after being ejected vertically from a (low) flying platform.

I experienced another case of confusion when I installed missiles on my ship and they ran way again. It turned out I had to set the mysterious MaxDistanceBetweenLuaTranscieverAndMissileControl really high (500 was ok, 300 worked only partially, 30 not at all), even though the whole missile system + lua box is contained within a 16×13×8 boundary box.

Hello agian Amadan,
Yeah I've been noticing the same issue with some missiles not working properally, lucky the probelm has now been fixed in v2.0.1.
Or you can easily fix it yourself:
Just replace line 75:
ValidTransceiverList[t] = true;
with:
ValidTransceiverList[UseableLuaTransceiverCount] = true;

Then move the line:
UseableLuaTransceiverCount = UseableLuaTransceiverCount + 1;
to after the line:
ValidTransceiverList[UseableLuaTransceiverCount] = true;

Sorry if this has caused any problems.
I consider my ambassadors to be the best in the world, they always seem to come to a successful resolution, I just wish they could learn to use a few less missiles on passing seagulls.

Suggestion for this code: add a user config option to switch off the multi-target ability. while multi-target is more or less the only reason to use LUA on an interceptor, and it can be helpful against swarming targets if you are trying to take down one enemy in a group (for example, all missile ships kill the eyrie first) you may not want them splitting their firepower.

Still i gotta give you another hats off for this. I'm probably going to end up using this code on all my missile ships in place of the rather basic prediction and top attack codes i have right now.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

Hi, using the above attack cruise missile config in the OP my missiles just fly away, any cahnce you coudl have a look for me?

Attached Files
.blueprint   multi Role Frigate.blueprint (Size: 223.35 KB / Downloads: 29)

Are ballistic missiles that go to space and drift to the target, then turn off their thrusters and fall onto the target possible? If so how should I do it?

(2017-09-08, 06:10 AM)sundy123 Wrote: Are ballistic missiles that go to space and drift to the target, then turn off their thrusters and fall onto the target possible? If so how should I do it?

If by ballistic missile you mean nukes, yes they're very possible though you don't switch off the thrusters or you lose guidance, they're also expensive.

If you mean regular missiles this is basically how APN bombs work. However there is no point in having a boost into orbit followed by a glide. It is possible but extremely wasteful and the success rate against a moving target is very low. If you're tuning off thrust to avoid LAMs it's much better to aim right for the target, dump all the fuel in a max burn near the target, then coast to the target, and even that is somewhat less effective than just mass swarms or large, fast thumpers.
-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.

(2017-09-08, 11:25 PM)Lincrono Wrote:
(2017-09-08, 06:10 AM)sundy123 Wrote: Are ballistic missiles that go to space and drift to the target, then turn off their thrusters and fall onto the target possible? If so how should I do it?

If by ballistic missile you mean nukes, yes they're very possible though you don't switch off the thrusters or you lose guidance, they're also expensive.

If you mean regular missiles this is basically how APN bombs work. However there is no point in having a boost into orbit followed by a glide. It is possible but extremely wasteful and the success rate against a moving target is very low. If you're tuning off thrust to avoid LAMs it's much better to aim right for the target, dump all the fuel in a max burn near the target, then coast to the target, and even that is somewhat less effective than just mass swarms or large, fast thumpers.

I mean regular missiles, the reason for ballistic missiles is for maximum range, i have achieved indetectable missiles of range 3000m without lua, i believe with lua i can reach 5000m. However i lack the skills. As there is less drag high up fuel use can be significantly reduced. So the missiles can reach targets further and faster

Does anyone have a sample config for this for thumper missiles? Also, any examples of good setups as far as missile components for thumpers? I really like the idea of them but have no idea how to use them effectively.

(2017-09-07, 07:42 PM)FortySixnTwo Wrote: Hi, using the above attack cruise missile config in the OP my missiles just fly away, any cahnce you coudl have a look for me?

Hi FortySixnTwo,
Found your problem, seems the code didn't copy over correctly, just try recopying the code into the lua box and it seems to work. Also the WeaponID in the Userconfig seems to be incorrect, although you should double check, on your ship the value should be 3 rather than 256.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.