Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Guaibee's Useful (and experimental) Fuel Engine Platform

(2016-12-27, 08:16 PM)Krougal Wrote: Yeah, I am never sure where it is safe to move the exhaust around. My own tinkering with the blueline (trying to shrink or extend) was disasterous, so I had left it alone, but I typically rotate it and pipe it out the bottom of the hull.
Thanks! This is much more useful.

I'm probably better at fixing/modifying/improving engine designs than at actually coming up with new ones, as everything came from taking apart other people's engines and trying to piece them back together in a slightly different way (for better or for worse). Now with the linear exhaust-inline chains being the optimal setup, there are ways to manipulate the arrangements such that the exhaust enters and leaves any of a few turbos in the chain and still have them go through every inline. Sometimes it takes a long time to figure out, but it's satisfying to see them work Big Grin

(2016-12-27, 11:25 PM)Eagle Wrote: Hey Guaibee, just wanted to say that I like the work you put in it, it's nice to see somebody collecting engine designs and learning from them. I very much appreciate the work and will definately use your platform as reference when building ships Smile Thanks!

It's always glad to see good use of the platform and the designs on top Big Grin I was very confused trying to build my first engine (at the last days of supercharger spam) and the changes didn't really help, and there came a day when I was very very annoyed by my own inability and decided to figure some stuff out (the Unified Engine Raft was a good place to start investigations). It was quite the learning experience, and hopefully they haven't gone to waste.
[Image: 50157_s.png]
[Image: 50157_v.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guaibee's Useful (and experimental) Fuel Engine Platform - by Guaibee - 2016-12-28, 02:43 AM