Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Guaibee's Useful (and experimental) Fuel Engine Platform

Apparently this was too long a comment for Steam Workshop Huh

A question about a detail of one of he engines:

Yellow Floor, The one forward of the Centre of Mass, 1462ppf, 15.758ppbb originally by Eagle but modified by you.

From the Fuel Engine Generator block go 2 blocks forward 1 block up: Here is a Junction Pipe joining exhaust from two cylinders and leading it upwards to the "exhaust spine" that goes the length of the engine:

My question is: Since the Junction Pipe is surrounded by 4 Cylinders, why not replace it with a 5 Way Pipe to take the exhaust from all 4 surrounding Cylinders? (and lead it to the "exhaust spine" as currently)

It won't change the ppf (when the engine got one or more repeating "white" segment) but it improves the cooling so all Cylinders get the same temperature.

And it makes it possible to remove the repeatable segment (set n to 0 in 5x3x(7+4n)) and still have the first Turbocharger be fed with >30 gas. As it is it will only get 28 gas when n = 0.

(PFF for the case without repeating segment (n = 0) is 1570pff. With the change it will be 1652PFF)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I probably overlooked the piping during modification, as it would often happen while making engines (moreso while making a lot of engines). Thanks for spotting this, I will implement the changes with the next update.
[Image: 50157_s.png]
[Image: 50157_v.png]

Very useful platform. Some things for improvement:
- Adding a fortress controller in case you need to lift or lower it after spawning.
- Add some acbs and a custom controller, to adjust the drive factor of the engines. That way you can easier test the ppf at different loads/drive factors. Also nice if you just don't want to listen to the constant noise of all of the engines.

I have heard about the engine noise being unbearable (I like to turn off sound while playing, that's why I haven't noticed). Thanks for the suggestions, I will put a fortress controller near the spawn-in chair and the custom controller/ACBs at the centre.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=823611580 is also a good option to stop engine noise induced headaches.

And holy shitballs!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=811159902
The blueline trump has been trumped. This is a year for trumping.

Indeed. That design is very good, so I added 100 more power to it. That should hopefully go in the next update.

(2017-01-07, 10:25 AM)Guaibee Wrote: Indeed. That design is very good, so I added 100 more power to it. That should hopefully go in the next update.

Oh you tease! When's it coming? I keep having to upgrade my engines.

Well I've gone and converted it to an extendable version as well, 5x5x[6+(5n)+1] with two alternative fronts depending upon exhaust pipe requirments, just passed it on to the true master engine'er to see if he's able to push out another carb on it. Really good find though, most of the engines I've seen on the workshop have been less than ideal.

Update is out!

The power density for 5x5x7 space is kept at 4100 because of space constraints, and some power will have to be sacrificed for a more fluid/mobile exhaust output port within the bounding box of the engine (that reminds me, I have to put the alternative head on with the next update).

There are interesting engine designs released on the workshop from time to time, and they always seem to be made by Japanese/members of the Japanese community... Hmmm.