Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.89 Average

Battleship Brawl, Season 3 (Complete)

Season 3 is finally arriving, folks! Here are the official, finalized rules. The tourney will likely not start running until after the new year but feel free to start building your ships and submitting them.
  • CRAM cannons are the only allowable weapon and must have a minimum gauge of 1273mm (15 gauge increasers). All other forms of weaponry and damage dealing, including those that don’t deal damage to an enemy ship itself (such as LAMs), are banned. This includes using spinblocks to rotate structural blocks in order to do damage. It's fine to use that for aesthetics, but if it becomes apparent that it is also meant to be a weapon then it will be disqualified.
  • Boat propellers, both small and huge, are the only allowed form of locomotion. Rudders are the only maneuvering block allowed, but you may use ACBs to create differential thrust for the purpose of assisting in turns. Propellers must be placed facing rearward and be set to main propulsion mode while rudders must be placed vertically. The use of horizontal rudders as makeshift hydrofoils is banned.
  • Jets (all types), dediblades, paddles, sails, hydrofoils, jet stabilizers, ect. are banned. I'm saying this twice to just to make sure: Small and huge propellers only.
  • Submarines are banned. Surface vessels only, please.
  • Shields are banned.
  • Repair tentacles are banned.
  • Helium pumps are banned.
  • LUA is banned.
  • EMP is banned.
  • Docking stations are banned.
  • Aimpoint Selection card is banned.
  • Excessive clipping will not be allowed. Excessive clipping has two definitions. The first is placing a block on a turret or spinblock that occupies the same space as another block. The second is having the rotation of a turret or spinblock cause a block to clip through a block on another sub-object that it would not normally be able to do were that block mounted on the hull instead. This only applies to the rotation of the turret itself. Clipping caused solely by the elevation/traverse of barrels is acceptable.
  • Max Materials: 250,000
  • Max vehicles per blueprint: 1
  • Maximum speed when sailing in a straight line under full power is 22 m/s. If your ship exceeds this speed while turning that is fine, but keep it reasonable. If you think what you're doing might not be accepted it probably won't be, so tone it down.
  • There is no specific number for a yaw rate limit as that is too hard to define, but your ship's turns must be SMOOTH. If you have so many rudders that it causes your ship's maneuvers to be shakey, twitchy, jittery, or any other similar description, it will not be accepted. This only applies to the turning motion itself. If the AI makes your ship jitter by rapidly turning back and forth in opposite directions, that is fine, but the turning motions themselves must be smooth. Keep your ship's yaw rate reasonable, please. Again, if you aren't sure whether it will be allowed it probably won't be and you should tone it down.
  • Entries will be spawned in facing one another at a distance of 1500m. You may use a spawn stick to alter your ship's spawning orientation, but since the only purpose of such a spawn stick is to provide a tactical advantage, it counts toward your material limit. You MAY NOT use the stick to significantly alter the RANGE at which your ship spawns, only its orientation, nor may you place any blocks on it other than structural blocks and sub-vehicle spawners.
  • Centralized resource system will be used. Each entry will be given 20,000 materials for the production of ammo and repairing. Gaining resources through the damage and destruction of your opponent will be turned off.
  • Automatic detection will be used, but will be set to .99 to allow some of the benefits of detection equipment without making CRAMs unable to hit without them.
  • Out Of Bounds Rules - Maximum range is 1750m. Being in excess of this distance while moving away will result in penalty time being added to your vessel. Going above 10m or below -10m as read in the Altitude reading in the ship's "V" menu will also cause time to be added to your penalty timer. If you reach 60 seconds of penalty time, your ship will be disqualified and immediately de-spawned. These rules will be handled by Wootness's Tournament mod so that I don't have to stare at the clock and the range screen.

Tournament Format

This season of the Battleship Brawl will be more open and on-going than previous ones and be following a point-based format rather than doing a bracket. An entry will be added to the bottom of the waiting queue upon submission and introduced in the order they are received.

Each entry will be given 3 lives upon being introduced. Winning a battle will give your vessel 0.5 lives. Losing a battle will cost you 1 life. Upon reaching or going below 0 lives, your entry will be retired. Conversely, if your entry reaches 5 or more lives it will be retired as well, but it will be added to the Hall of Champions.

To keep the field fresh and moving forward there is a second way to get into the Hall Of Champions: Endurance. If your vessel manages to fight 10 battles and still have lives remaining after its 10th fight, it will be retired and added to the Hall of Champions where there will be a link to a picture of the ship, a short description of it, and a link to the blueprint.

Additionally, there will be a separate Hall for ships that look exceptionally good: the Hall of Beauty. Getting into this Hall will be just as difficult as becoming a Champion. On the final video for a craft, I will post two comments. One will be along the lines of "This ship is beautiful! Induct it into the Hall of Beauty!" and the other will be something like "I don't like this ship. Don't induct it into the Hall of Beauty." Everyone will upvote the comment they agree with and if 90% of the votes received within one week after the retirement video are yes, the ship will be inducted.

Finally, we come to the Hall of Fame. An entry that manages to become both a Champion and a Beauty Queen (yes, I'm stealing that, deal with it Tongue) will be prominently displayed in the OP for all to see.

Battle Production Schedule and Format

• Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will be League Battle days. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be New Challenger days. I will not be putting out videos on Saturday or Sunday unless I really want to or feel the need to even out the number of battles played or the like.
  • League Battles will be battles between two entries that have already been introduced. Entries will only face one another once, so if every entry on the field has already fought one another it will be a New Challenger day instead.
  • New Challenger days will introduce the entry that is at the top of the waiting queue. They will face one of the already introduced entries. If there are no challengers waiting or if there are already 10 entries on the field it will be a League Battle day instead.

Determining Contestants

Determining who battles who will be done via the following priority system:
  1. New Challenger
  2. Fewest Battles Fought
  3. Most Lives Remaining
  4. Seniority (entries that were introduced first get priority over ones that were introduced later if the above is all equal)
  5. My judgement. I will try to keep things relatively even between contestants and may periodically decide to change things up to do that.

Match Format

Each match will last for a maximum of 15 minutes and consist of a single battle. A 5% difference in HP is required to declare a winner. If this condition is not met then the battle is a draw and neither entrant loses or gains lives. HP is determined by the current block count of a vessel divided by the vessel's total block count

SUBMISSIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED VIA FORUM PM OR E-MAIL. SENDING IT ANY OTHER WAY WILL GET IT AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.

My e-mail address is mentidabrony@gmail.com. Please include the name you would like to be called in the videos in your blueprint. For example, Handaki by Menti or The Crushinator by Bender.

Each person may only have 1 entry in the active fields (aka, already introduced) and 1 entry in the waiting queue. Collaborative builds are allowed, but note that the stipulation for this rule is each person. This means if you do a collab build with someone you cannot have a second personal vehicle in the active field or waiting queue. If a second entry of yours is up for introduction while your first is still in the active field, your second entry will be sent to the bottom of the queue and the next in line introduced instead.

You may submit a design as many times as you want until it becomes a Champion or Hall of Famer, but please either name it something different or add a Mk II or other such things to avoid confusion. Once it has proven its battle prowess that vessel is retired. Make something new! Beauty Queens may be resubmitted but if the new ship becomes a Champion that version must also be voted into the Hall of Beauty to become a Hall of Famer. Both must be earned during the same run in order to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Designs may be updated while they are in the waiting queue but anything more than a minor change (such as a LWC or AI setting change) will be treated as if you are removing your old entry and submitting a brand new one, thus sending you to the bottom of the queue.

Hall of Fame!

Kronstadt by Nosy Rat
SCE Iron Kronos by TheConeezeanEmperor
BB-64 Wisconsin by Nutterchap
Ushinawareta Kujira by Hikari
KMS Konig by Armenor
Imperator II by Ferram4
BB-33 Arkansas by Nutterchap
Prototype 2471 by Locutus of Borg

Hall Of Champions

Battleship Tsushima by Ferram4
Death of Virtue by Shieldmate
CS7 Mk 8 by Slain
SQS Narwhal by Xanderzoo
Rack Em Up by Rocky5178
Goliath by Gruntmaster1
Panamax Refit by Wootness
Stone Age MK II by Zijkhal
Artillery Yard by Amimai
Rage Cage by Ghost
Testuedo by Zebgef
Pinnacle Class Destroyer by Tryptic
Coast Buster by Tomson
FCW Szmotyi by Draba
HMS Albionic by Albion
CS12 MK5 by Slain
Failboat by SPD

Hall Of Beauty

HMS Grand by Tomson
BB Etamin by Karnivool
X36_03f-Allt A Chaorainn by The_Fod
Prince of Wales by Nutterchap

The Fallen

Angel Beats Class Cruiser by Gaming19
Brehmstralung by Mr Bellafante
Claymore Prototype by Hibachi
CTRS Kendall by CptnCleator
Crummy Crams by Twistshock
Devastation and Reform by Gaming19
GRN Good Enough by Griffon467
Hindenburg by Abradolf Linkler
Heavy Wood III by Shot (by) Gun
HMS Albion by Albion
HMS Funkey's Revenge by Char_Charodon
HMS Obdurateness by Branjoman
HMS Prince of Wales by Nutterchap
Nossa Senhora de Impronunciabilidade by AdNecrias
Oblivion MK2 by Locutus of Borg
Project260 by AB159
Raft Of Doom by Kradbull
Saint Catherine by Niomedes
Seiren Class Battle-cruiser by Gaming 19
Somber Shade II by Admiral Josh
The Legionaire by 219thlegion
The Curse Of Oyashiro Sama by The Brisby Mouse
The Curse of Oyashiro Sama v2 by The Brisby Mouse
USS Dauntless by Khan
USS Wyoming by Xanderzoo
Ymerawdwr by Snakehead1011

Waiting Queue

EMPTY!

CHUU CHUU! I'm hyped for the new season already.
Fallen in battle, raised by technology

Already working on a ship! Big Grin

The Curse of Oyashiro-sama
[Image: 2016-12-12_12%2014%2052_zpsmac1lczu.jpg]

"Trust me, he[Oyashiro-sama]'s quite real." - Rena Ryuugu

Probably my best looking build, features a mostly walkable bridge and accommodations for the crew (1 individual) below it.

It also kills the Bulwark ~50% of the time. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Attached Files
.blueprint   TheCurseOfOyashiroSama.blueprint (Size: 496.59 KB / Downloads: 110)

Can't wait!

Not sure If I can finish an entry for the first batch, the university exams have started, and last pretty much till the end of january, but I definitely wanna make one as soon as I can Smile

(2016-12-12, 07:26 PM)TheBrisbyMouse Wrote:
The Curse of Oyashiro-sama
[Image: 2016-12-12_12%2014%2052_zpsmac1lczu.jpg]

"Trust me, he[Oyashiro-sama]'s quite real." - Rena Ryuugu

Probably my best looking build, features a mostly walkable bridge and accommodations for the crew (1 individual) below it.

It also kills the Bulwark ~50% of the time. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Please e-mail or PM me the blueprint. I'm not accepting them via forum post as it is too hard to keep them organized.

(2016-12-12, 08:44 PM)Zijkhal Wrote: Can't wait!

Not sure If I can finish an entry for the first batch, the university exams have started, and last pretty much till the end of january, but I definitely wanna make one as soon as I can Smile

No worries! It's a long running, open tourney that'll probably still be going on four months from now.

menti how do you attach files on a PM

(2016-12-12, 09:30 PM)snakehead1011 Wrote: menti how do you attach files on a PM

You'll have to upload it to an external file hosting service like dropbox and then provide me the link to it. You can't attach files directly, unfortunately.

(2016-12-12, 09:39 PM)Menti Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 09:30 PM)snakehead1011 Wrote: menti how do you attach files on a PM

You'll have to upload it to an external file hosting service like dropbox and then provide me the link to it. You can't attach files directly, unfortunately.

OK thanks
but its to much hard work ill just stick with email

menti i feel sorry for you having to pronounce my entrys name
Its welsh
welsh invloves alot of spitting
so i would practice