Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[TG] HQ mech without a name

(2016-11-23, 03:08 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: Checked the latest version trough. It has some interesting design choices such as the lower hull's intake-electric engine setup, but it's rather flawed in its current configuration:

-Over the volume limit: TG HQ is 10-12k volume in a combined mecha, this thing is just over 13k
-Repair bots and HA need to be removed, though you can keep the latter around the docking beam. You've read the guidelines, right?
-Separate BPs, should be saved into one via a subvehicle spawner
-Wobbly, needs stabilization
-Superfluous AI cards in the base, such as two land AI cards and targeting cards which the base doesn't need
-Lacks proper detection: Torso needs more than just 90-degree stuff, base seems to be lacking detection altogether
-Flares need to be set up to a proper munition warner system
-Very minor shielding which is too close to the body, needs to provide a proper coverage
-Needs additional detailing: While it's actually not half bad looking, it's a bit crude. Could use a better paintjob and decoshields to cover the missiles at the front. I suggest checking in-game designs for cues

All in all it's not fit in its current condition, but with some elbow grease it could be made into a viable submission. I didn't do any combat tests due to the lacking detection, so no feedback on that department yet.

Noted. I thought the guidelines said that the repair bots are banned, but not generally on the twin guard because of the repair tentacles, guess I remembered that wrongly. Is heavy armor really forbidden completely? Some of the TG designs in the game have some, so I thought I could use about as much as those.

Messages In This Thread
[TG] HQ mech without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-11-18, 09:07 PM
RE: [TG] HQ meach without a name - by bokke1010 - 2016-11-21, 12:37 PM
RE: [TG] HQ meach without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-11-21, 03:53 PM
RE: [TG] HQ meach without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-11-21, 09:59 PM
RE: [TG] HQ meach without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-11-22, 07:21 PM
RE: [TG] HQ meach without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-11-23, 03:54 PM
RE: [TG] HQ meach without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-11-23, 09:37 PM
RE: [TG] HQ meach without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-12-01, 08:14 PM
RE: [TG] HQ mech without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-12-03, 07:02 PM
RE: [TG] HQ mech without a name - by JOJOBRN - 2016-12-05, 03:26 PM