Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Which of these should I go for? (Will go for the two highest results)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Story Missions
13.33%
2 13.33%
Faction Campaigns
26.67%
4 26.67%
Campaign Events
40.00%
6 40.00%
Adventure Mode...?
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Campaign events? Faction campaigns? Story missions?

So I've been considering different things to add into Changing Tides either alongside the main development or after the campaign is finished.
Essentially;
  1. Story missions for the factions.
  2. Faction campaigns, similar to those on Neter, since story missions tend to be ignored.
  3. Events within the campaign, such as a certain faction completing an experimental unit, shifting to a war footing, etc.
  4. Adventure mode balancing, though to be honest I don't really think this one is as good as the others.

Also worth noting is that campaign events are going to see some limited use - even if not supported as much as other options - since it will certainly help me get the Iron Devotion's balance working well.

Events are sweet when you know what you are doing
Even though they are really lacking, some stuff like basic "quests" are possible

For example, a faction (That is not hostile to you) could give you a quest to destroy a x vehicle (The vehicle could be a super steroid version of something that will sit somewhere stationary, so in regular campaign you would mostly evade it, because it is not in your way)

Destroying x vehicle will give you something
For example their vehicle

How to do that

1) Go to player faction
2) Add the desired vehicle (The reward vehicle)
3) Go to the campaign instance and place the reward vehicle somewhere (Where it will appear after you complete the quest)
4) Set the spawn time to 9999999999999 (So it will never spawn on its own)

5) Create a event with the faction describing their offer (This should be timed event that will trigger after x time, but it could be triggered by anything you want)

5.5) Create additional event
6) Triggered by x (x= the quest vehicle) HP bellow 20%
7) Outcome = Spawn Y (y = the reward vehicle)
8) Dont forget to include some sort of message, where the faction will thank you and will tell you where is the vehicle

(2016-11-05, 04:39 PM)mrvecz Wrote: Events are sweet when you know what you are doing
Even though they are really lacking, some stuff like basic "quests" are possible

For example, a faction (That is not hostile to you) could give you a quest to destroy a x vehicle (The vehicle could be a super steroid version of something that will sit somewhere stationary, so in regular campaign you would mostly evade it, because it is not in your way)

Destroying x vehicle will give you something
For example their vehicle

How to do that

1) Go to player faction
2) Add the desired vehicle (The reward vehicle)
3) Go to the campaign instance and place the reward vehicle somewhere (Where it will appear after you complete the quest)
4) Set the spawn time to 9999999999999 (So it will never spawn on its own)

5) Create a event with the faction describing their offer (This should be timed event that will trigger after x time, but it could be triggered by anything you want)

5.5) Create additional event
6) Triggered by x (x= the quest vehicle) HP bellow 20%
7) Outcome = Spawn Y (y = the reward vehicle)
8) Dont forget to include some sort of message, where the faction will thank you and will tell you where is the vehicle

That was something like what I had in mind, though ideally I'd like to have events be able to lock/unlock various vehicles in an AI faction's arsenal.