Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 53 Vote(s) - 4.53 Average

(post your) Teaser

Currently working on aircraft thats capable of vertical take off and landing. Got the rough early shape and vtol system in place. Most likely going to switch the rotating cannon in front to a laser since i dislike how the cannon barrel sticks out of the "shroud" while aiming.

Full album

[Image: 39NmgZd.jpg]
[Image: 8tN443F.jpg]

[Image: fTwg85ql.jpg]

uhm... LAN party? darkroom? a combination of both?
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Engineering, Civilization 4; Antoine de Saint Exupéry

war room!

war room dark room, whats the difference?
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Engineering, Civilization 4; Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Progress!

Basically, done with lower decks, now working on hangar deck and flight deck. Then it's time to add in the last few weapon systems and command tower. Last on the list will be vehicle spawning and balancing.

[Image: VjGQLAr.jpg]

I'm working on this flying battleship right now!

[Image: 40B49A527BE0F842ACA4ABCBE4DDABE72B07C0BC]

Mostly done, missing some weapons and it doesn't fly that well.
21+k blocks, 4.5~rp

Argh, I just realized I made the hull 207 blocks long, not 270.
No wonder it looked like the proportions weren't right.
I just hope this doesn't screw up how the bow looks.
Basically I made a prefab of the rear, and will now extend the main hull by however many blocks is needed.
@Vicky Nice design.
[Referring to drumstick engines] "majyst:The Rapier? WTF, cant Teamspeak people just build a dam ship without trying to cheat the system"
I've made some forum themes.

Prefabs is such a good thing when making huge things, other games could learn from FTD!

The Proteus is from a Freelancer mod made by Xtreme team studios, and is featured in the Rebalance mod since 3.4 if I recall correctly.
It's been my favourite ship since like 2006, I always try to recreate it in different games!

Interesting, I'll have to wait to see how it turns out.
I have been building a 1:1 scale Iowa class battleship, you should look them up. They are pretty awesome.
[Referring to drumstick engines] "majyst:The Rapier? WTF, cant Teamspeak people just build a dam ship without trying to cheat the system"
I've made some forum themes.